Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first
Full or part time role working with one of the top mortgage and insurance brokers on the Coast. You will need to have previous lending experience ideally with home loans, for a minimum of 3 years. You will also need
Success in a customer service or sales role preferably in a similar or related industry
Experience working with and forming positive relationships with clients and suppliers/lenders
Proven ability to meet performance targets
To be able to follow systems and processes, and meet deadlines
You will have good MSOffice skills, and be able to learn new skills and havea willingness to progress with personal and professional development.
For more info or to send your CV, contact email@example.com
Full time property development project administration role for someone who is a whiz at coordinating tradesmen and keeping timelines of multiple projects over multiple properties within the Retirement Industry. MUST have very strong accounts processing experience, and be familiar with dealing with supplier invoices as well as being exceptionally well organised.
Hours are 8.30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday, right here in Paraparaumu.
If you are interested, please call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Payable - Temp
9- 4pm Monday to Friday for a 4 week temp assignment. Setting up Purchase orders, reconciliations and dealing with supplier invoicing within Local Government.
You'll need to have a great phone manner with excellent customer service and organisational skills.
Interested? Send your cv now to email@example.com
Automotive Technician European Vehicles
Our client is excited to be busy enough to require another automotive technician to join their independent team of European vehicle experts.
As a qualified Automotive Technician, you will ideally already have some experience with European vehicles. However, attitude is important to us, so someone who has experience with other makes of vehicles, with the right attitude would also be considered.
Skills you must have:
- an automotive technician qualification
- 3 years plus experience in the trade
- preferably have experience servicing European vehicles
- a full, clean, drivers licence
The qualities we are looking for are:
- a team player
- reliable, honest
- keen to learn
- great communication skills
- likes to provide good customer service
- a sense of humour and a positive attitude
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm.
If you have the qualities above and if you're someone who will go the extra mile for your customers, we'd love to hear from you as soon as possible. Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Food & Beverage Service
Assisting the Food & Beverage manager to ensure great customer service at this popular club venue, the role will be responsible for day to day counter service, service at weddings, functions and events delivered to the highest standard. Flexible hours. Key responsibilities are:
- Assisting in preparing food for both day to day requirements and special events
- Bar and food service
- Establishing a welcoming culture and maintaining a close working relationship with member committees and event organisers.
The successful applicant will be strongly customer focused, good with systems and organisation with the ability to be hands on preparing food for all occasions. Hospitality experience would be an advantage, as would skill, experience or training in food preparation, however, the ability to prepare simple food with exceptional taste is key. A Managers liquor license is preferred but not essential.
Sounds like you? Send your cv now to email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part-time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Brunch, lunch and dinner service - full time, weekends will be part of the roster.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and Dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org