From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first.
We're looking for a qualified builder to work on new builds through the Horowhenua, Kapiti and Wairarapa regions. This role will start in the new year - 2023.
- Vehicle and tools provided
- Away from home allowance
Please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 to register your interest.
CUSTOMER SALES SUPPORT - LEVIN
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self motivated person to provide admin and customer service support to our client’s sales team. Daily tasks involve answering customer calls, responding to email and website chat enquiries, entering accurate notes into the CRM system, providing customers with quotes and processing sales orders.
You will have:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Great communication and organisational skills and are able to work well in a team environment.
- Confidence with Microsoft applications and CRM's.
- The ability to pick up and understand technical product information.
- Problem solving skills, show initiative and hold yourself and others accountable.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- A good sense of humour.
- A competitive salary with regular review, quarterly bonus, car park.
- 4 Week annual leave + birthday paid day off.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Awesome company-wide team culture.
- Working for a well-respected business.
- Great career development opportunities.
- On the job training and access to courses to advance your career.
- Monthly team lunches when budget is exceeded.
- Quarterly off-site team sales meetings.
- Annual off-site team events.
If this sounds like you then please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 or email your CV to email@example.com
We're looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Chef for a vibrant Kapiti eatery. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable. This is a full time role 35-45 hours p/week. The position reports directly to the Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef.
- You are resilient and a good team player
- You are passionate about food, are consistent and methodical
- You are proactive and energetic
- You have great attention to detail and time management
- You have strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of food safety practices and health and safety regulations
- Full New Zealand driver’s license
- The right to work in New Zealand
- Following all recipes to specifications
- Ensuring all dishes leave the kitchen looking the same
- Food safety & health and safety
- Maintaining kitchen cleanliness
This is a unique opportunity to grow your career within a great team. Relocation assistance and excellent remuneration and benefits are on offer.
To register your interest in this role please contact Julia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 595 0146
Our client, based on the Kapiti Coast, is an international provider of training, education and support to clinicians, with 30 branches worldwide. We are seeking an experienced office administrator to provide top-notch admin support to the head office and broader global team. This is a part-time role of 20-25 hours p/week.
Key tasks include:
- Training course/programme admin support
- Communication with the branch network
- Administration of faculty contracts/appointments
- Updating the website and databases using the Silverstripe CMS
- Head office email management
- Updating and maintaining important documentation eg. Course Manuals, Course Power point presentations, Contracts, Board minutes
- Document and records management
- Meeting Coordination
A high level of skill and experience working with MS Word (formatting documents), Excel, Powerpoint andAdobe is required. MS Access experience is desirable.
To register your interest in this role please contact Julia by emailing email@example.com or call 027 595 0146
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced office administrator to join a local consulting firm on a part-time basis 20-25 hrs p/week.
Key tasks include:
- Research, prepare and format emails, blogs, letters, newsletters, reports and other documents
- Responding to internal queries
- Tracking time spent working on client tasks and projects
- Documenting client work and processes in project management software
- Responding to email or phone enquiries and complaints
- Reconciling supplier invoices against statements and purchase orders
- Raising invoices
- Debtor management
- Company event planning
- Prepare operational reports and schedules
- Executive Assistant duties for the Directors
- Consultant RMA Administrator services to clients, as required
Experience using Xero, WorkflowMax and Hubdoc is an advantage.
For further details and a full job description please contact Julia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 595 0146
KITCHENHAND AND SHORT ORDER COOK
We are seeking two experienced hospitality stars for a busy and popular cafe in Otaki.
Sandwich hand required to assist in food prep from 6am -11am Mon-Fri.
Short order cook 8am - 3pm, days will vary depending on the weekly roster and will include some weekend work.
If either of these roles sound like a good fit for you then please contact Julia on 027 595 0146
JOINER/CABINETMAKER - NELSON
Superb opportunity for a joiner/cabinetmaker or multi-skilled tradesperson with some joining/carpentry or cabinetmaking experience to be part of a team whose mission is to transform their client’s RV dreams into reality. You may have had experience in kitchen manufacturing or boat building which lends itself to this type of work.
Your role will involve producing and installing joinery predominately for motorhomes with an established company producing custom motorhomes and other vehicle fitouts (food trucks, caravans and coffee carts) in sunny Nelson.
This is a full time permanent role, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
You will be responsible for
• Designing, producing and installing joinery to specifications
• Fitting out of motorhomes and other vehicles
• Carrying out wood related repairs in RV’s
Experience you have:
• Experience in joinery/cabinetry production and fit out using a variety of materials
• May have kitchen manufacturing experience
• May have boat building experience
This is a great opportunity for someone can turn their hand to a number of tasks, enjoys variety and is adaptable, to join a small team who work well together. If this sounds like you please email a cv to email@example.com as soon as possible, or give her a call for further information, 0275950146.
We're on the lookout for an administration and accounts whizz to manage the day to day operations of a local electrical contracting company.
- Payroll administration
- Accounts payable and receivable processing
- Bank reconciliation
- Maintaining personnel files
- Maintaining client database
- General office administration
- Reception cover
Experience in Nimbus, Simpro, XERO and/or MYOB preferred.
8am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri
For more information please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
FRONT OF HOUSE + CHEF ROLES
Located in Otaki, our client is looking for some experienced hospitality staff to assist in their popular restaurant/bar. Roster will include some weekend and evening shifts.
Please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 for further details.
HELP DESK L1 TECH SUPPORT
We are looking for a L1 Service desk technician to support a local company that provides managed services for a range of small business customers throughout the country.
You will have:
- previous experience in a L1 role providing support via remote tools
- excellent communications skills, an ability to listen and understand a client's problems
- Strong understanding of operating systems, networking and print systems
- Proven experience with MSoft365 business services
- Able to type accurately and quickly while on the phone
- Proven knowledge of IT applications, software and hardware
- Ability to learn and contribute to the teams knowledge.
- Preferably have experience in using ticketing systems, RMM Tools and PSA systems.
- Preferably have a professional IT certification
The person we are looking for will provide the first point of contact for customers via phone, email or ticketing system, and will be able to deliver friendly, quick and helpful service to our clients.
If you can provide an exceptional level of customer service that can delight our customers and are a great communicator please apply today! If you need any further information, please feel free to call Julia 027 595 0146.
We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with a passion for interior design and home furnishings. As a design consultant you will provide in-home consultations on window furnishings.
- Strong sales experience and customer focus
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Follow up with leads within a set time frame
- Stay up to date with the latest products and trends in the market
- Great attitude and ability to adjust to new requirements
- Book appointments to visit customers on-site
- Deliver quotes based on in-home measurements
- Liaise internally to ensure product availability
- Rectify any product errors or customer feedback
- Prior experience with interior furnishings is desirable
To register your interest in this role please email your CV to email@example.com
We have junior and senior chef positions available at a popular and vibrant local restaurant based in Paraparaumu. 30-40 hours per week with a combination of daytime and night shifts within the Wed - Sun working week. Mon/Tues - days off.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 595 0146 to find out more
We are seeking an experienced retail star for either full or part time work in a boutique fashion store. This is a sole charge position requiring someone who is self motivated and proactive.
Please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 to express your interest
NEW BUSINESS MANAGER - KAPITI/HOROWHENUA
Do you have experience in sales and new business development?
Are you skilled in seeking out new customers and developing strong long-term connections?
Do you thrive on researching industry trends to identify new channels and opportunities?
If this sounds like you please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 to find out more about this fabulous opportunity based in the Kapiti/Horowhenua region. The role is within the property management sector and includes a company vehicle.
This top end salon is looking for a junior/apprentice to join their expanding business in 2022. This role offers a well designed salon, and a supportive team environment, where you will be assisted to start or complete your hairdressing apprenticeship. With a clear career development pathway, the successful candidate will become part of a unique business offering an exciting opportunity to be part of growing success.
You could already be a 1st or 2nd year hairdressing apprentice, or you may be new to hairdressing with a flair for style and customer service, looking for an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice/trainee you will:
• Be trained in all aspects of hairdressing to the qualification standards
• Contribute to team salon tasks including keeping the salon clean and well organised, reception duties and customer care
• Provide an outstanding level of customer service
• Participate in ongoing team training, skills development and product knowledge.
If you think this would be right for you, get in touch today - email your CV to email@example.com
DESTINATION MARKETING ADVISOR
Within the Economic Development team you will lead the development and implementation of the marketing strategy and destination brand strategy.
Key tasks include:
- Brand management
- Channel management
- Marketing operations and reporting
- Business communications support
This is a full-time permanent role based in Paraparaumu.
For a full job description for this role please contact Julia on 027 595 0146
We are seeking someone with cooking and food preparation experience for a lead role in the kitchen of a local elderly care facility catering to 80 residents.
The role works to a two-week roster.
Week 1 Mon/Thurs/Sat 1:30pm - 7pm
Week 2 Thurs 1:30pm - 7pm, Sunday 8 am - 2pm
Additional remuneration for weekend hours.
If you'd like to pursue this role please contact Julia on 027 595 0146
CAFE ASSISTANT - 2 x ROLES
We have 2 roles available at a cafe based in Paraparaumu.
Duties include: General food preparation, customer service and cash handling.
Role 1: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 9am - 3:30pm
Role 2:Saturday, Sunday 10am - 2pm
For more info please call Julia 027 595 0146
Do you have experience in crane operation and are looking for work in a dynamic local company?
Please get in touch ASAP with Julia to discuss this role further. Call 027 595 0146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAVY TRADE MECHANIC
Working in our client's Kapiti workshop, you would be responsible for mechanical repairs to their fleet of cranes and trucks.
Must have class 4 and 5 licences and be prepared to take on some truck driving when required.
If you have the relevant experience and licences please get in touch with Julia ASAP. Email your CV to email@example.com or call 027 595 0146
FASHION RETAIL SALES ROLE
Our client is looking for a friendly and experienced retail salesperson for a part-time role in their fashion store.
Sunday 11am - 4pm, Monday 9am - 5:30pm, with flexibility to cover extra shifts as required.
If you thrive on delivering great customer service then this could be the role for you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 595 0146 to talk further about this role.
Our Client is a popular Bistro Pub located in Raumati, and they are looking for a super star new Duty Manager!
We are looking for someone with a current Duty Managers certificate to hit the ground running, someone who has at least 2 years experience who will be reporting to the Restaurant Manager and Owner/Operator.
If you think you are up for the challenge get in touch today - email email@example.com
PART TIME ADMINISTRATOR - NELSON (STOKE)
Our Client is looking for an Administrator with excellent communication skills and the ability to provide a great level of customer service.
You will need to have:
- a proven understanding of office procedures
- Accounts payable and receivable experience
- experience with MYOB or another comparable accounting system
- Competency with MSOffice and excel
- A pleasant phone manner
Past experience/familiarity with RV’s (Recreational Vehicles) industry (owner of a caravan or motorhome) would be a bonus.
You will need to be self-motivated and possess a willingness to contribute, honest, well-presented and polite, flexible, adaptable in a work environment and able to work independently.
Part-time 3-5 days a week, 6 hours daily or Full time 3 days a week, 8 hours daily
If you are interested please get in touch ASAP - either message on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We require the services of a GLAZIER to join our team in Paraparaumu.This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities and duties will include the measure and installation of:
- Frameless showers
- Glass balustrades
- Pet doors
- Retrofit double glazing
- General glazing of all residential and commercial glass
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be able to work in a team environment or individually
- Have excellent time management and communication skills
- Have a strong customer service focus
- Be physically fit
- Be honest, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Be committed to safe work practices
- A current NZ Driver’s license
Accuracy and skill with measurements and a high level of attention to detail is necessary.
If you think you would be suitable for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com
Full time role for a junior chef to work within a small team at a popular Italian Restaurant at Paraparaumu Beach.
Making pizzas and plating up desserts and entrees will be part of the role and this would be perfect for someone who is looking to get a bit more experience in this area. Wednesday to Sunday, 4:30 - 9:30.
Interested? Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEF DE PARTIE
Our Kapiti based client is seeking to enhance their team with a Chef de partie or Junior Chef. We need a great personality, with a service focused drive, to help maintain & develop our clients food offering.
The primary purpose of this new role is to support kitchen service in an efficient, profitable, and customer focused manner. Along with all kitchen requirements; including preparation, service, food safety requirements with their online tool, & supporting the Head Chef.
This is a busy venue so your ability to keep cool & calm under pressure and work as a team is imperitive.
Key requirements of the role:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen
- Good communication skills
- A real interest in food
- High personal standards
This role is full time with 5 days on, 2 days off - a mixture of evenings and daytime shifts
If you're up for a challenge and are keen to be involved in developing the future of a business, we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV to Julia@starpeople.nz
TEMPS, MINUTE TAKERS & DICTA TYPISTS
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - email@example.com
Chefs, wait staff and bar staff - fulltime, part time and casual!
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com