Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first
Marketing & Graphic Designer
Mac operator with InDesign and Photoshop skills needed to produce all advertising and marketing materials for this busy and well known Real Estate company. Designing graphics and layouts for publications, signs, promotions and events in both print and digital media, this role is busy and sole charge. Full time position with a little travel between offices required. Love to hear from you - email email@example.com with your cv.
Senior Parks Officer
12 week fixed term contract.
- Contribute to development and implementation of asset and activity plans
- Manage parks and open space assets and services including cemeteries
- Quality control and risk management including implementation and management of asset database
- Relationship building with stakeholders including iwi, Department of Conservation and other government agencies, sports clubs, community volunteer groups, contractors/suppliers, local authorities, industry goups
- Managing day-to-day workflows and budgets
- Leading the team and ensuring legislative compliance by all team members
- Health & Safety compliance
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to organisational values
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Ensure planned levels of service and KPI’s are achieved
- Take responsibility for self-development and enhancement of skills and knowledge
- Understand the Treaty of Waitangi and it’s application for local government
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Relevant horticulture qualification or equivalent experience is essential and sports turf management experience would be an advantage as would experience in cemetery provision and an aboriculture qualification
- Experience in the parks and open space environment within local government or related industry context is essential with experience in community consultation desirable along with a good working knowledge of relevant local and central government legislation, in
- particular, the Reserves Act 1977
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills with a demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service and building productive relationships
- Extensive project and contract management with a working knowledge of asset management principles and systems
- Experience in budget setting, management and reporting; and risk identification, assessment and management
- A proven team player with demonstrated ability to build and lead a team effectively and foster an effective culture of high performance;
- Strong time management, organisational skills and problem solving ability
- Highly motivated to stay current in the field
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Drivers’ licence with no restrictions
If you think you fit the bill or you'd like to know more please contact Nicola - 021 480 470 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org
Automotive Technician European Vehicles
Our client is excited to be busy enough to require another automotive technician to join their independent team of European vehicle experts.
As a qualified Automotive Technician, you will ideally already have some experience with European vehicles. However, attitude is important to us, so someone who has experience with other makes of vehicles, with the right attitude would also be considered.
Skills you must have:
- an automotive technician qualification
- 3 years plus experience in the trade
- preferably have experience servicing European vehicles
- a full, clean, drivers licence
The qualities we are looking for are:
- a team player
- reliable, honest
- keen to learn
- great communication skills
- likes to provide good customer service
- a sense of humour and a positive attitude
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm.
If you have the qualities above and if you're someone who will go the extra mile for your customers, we'd love to hear from you as soon as possible.
Please send your cv to email@example.com, or give her a call on 021 480 740 if you need more information
Office Admin - 1 month temp
Looking for someone who can work from the end of September through to end October from 9 - 3pm, as a sole charge office administrator.
You'll need the following skills: Xero, Account reconciliations, Outlook Calendar, diary management, customer management and be an experienced office administrator who is used to working sole charge, booking jobs and doing all the other things necessary for the smooth running of a small office.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a little more than a Project Administrator and a little less than a full Project Management role. Short term temporary contract to assist in the acquisition of a new business for one of the larger players in Kapiti/Horowhenua. We are looking for an experienced, well organised leader to help drive this project.
Call Julia 04 2934833 for more info or email her email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send you cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Property, Commercial & Trust Lawyer
Want to work close to home?
Waikanae-based opportunity for a lawyer with 5+ years PQE and experience in property, commercial and trust law.
This is a full-time position and the role includes responsibility for files relating to -
- Residential and commercial property transactions
- Commercial business sale and purchase transactions and shareholder agreements
- Relationship property matters
- Family trusts
- Estate planning
If you have excellent communication skills, enjoy lots of client contact and are great at managing your time send your cv to Julia - email@example.com
Here's a great opportunity to work close to home. If you have 3+ years PQE with experience in Property Law (conveyancing) and Trusts and fantastic communication skills to work with a broad range of clients this could be the role for you.
Based in Waikanae this position is full-time and includes responsibility for files relating to -
- Residential property transactions
- Assisting on Relationship Property matters/Family Court
- Drafting Family Trusts
- Estate administration
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
Interested? Send your cv to Julia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Network Engineer
Based in Wellington, this full time permanent role is for an intermediate level network engineer, who wants to learn from the best in the business - working on diverse projects regionally and nationally, there is a great deal of opportunity to grow in this role. Your primary role will be to provide network support and operational support services to clients. You will have experience with maintenance of WAN/LANs, Unix/Linux systems support, Cisco and Juniper switching, firewalls and routing experience AND you must be able to produce clear documentation.
Salary range $60 - 80k, email your cv to email@example.com
HOSPITALITY STAFF LISTINGS
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and Dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email email@example.com