Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. Please only apply for a role if you have the relevant skills and experience.
Our client is looking for a full time lending assistant to assist the mortgage team - this is a full time role based in Kapiti and we need someone who has a banking background or previous financial services experience. You will have the following qualities:
- Highly organised and able to prioritise time
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a great phone manner
- Have good MS office suite knowledge, particularly with Word and excel
- Have a previous financial services industry experience preferably in lending.
Good team, great local location and excellent remuneration offered
email email@example.com with your cv!
We have had a change around in roles, leaving a gap for an experienced accountant/senior accounts administrator in this fab team. With Head Office Wellington, this role is based in the Napier office and is responsible for providing accounting and administrative support to our Chartered Accountant and other members of the Board, Business Support and Project Delivery Teams, that operate throughout the country.
Working as an integral part of this small team, supporting the administrative functions of the business, the successful applicant will be able to self manage and be happy to contribute wherever needed to promote the success of the business.
The role is responsible for:
- Invoicing and credit control
- Accounts Payable
- Customer support - liaison with customers regarding billing or commercial issues
- Supply and Logistics management – ordering, pricing and delivery of equipment Project administration, including case creation, financial recording and monitoring of project budgets
- Reconciliations of GL and Bank accounts Manage fixed asset schedules
- Journals and maintaining Balance Sheet accounts
- GST Returns
- Assisting with financial reporting, budgets and forecasts
- Payroll processing & staff rosters
- Staff expense claims and reimbursements
- General office administration duties to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business.
The skills required are:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and an accounts background, with a thorough understanding of CoA and Financial Reporting.
- Xero or other relevant accounting software experience including AP/AR, reconciliations, Credit control, GL, GST, Payroll experience.
- Proficient in MSOffice suite, strong excel skills.
- Power IT user comfortable with learning new systems quickly.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, delivering a high level of customer service.
- Highly organised, strong ability to multi-task, and prioritise workloads.
- Proven administrative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail, quality and process driven.
- Project administration experience.
- Minute taking, creation of presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and follow process and instructions.
If you have the experience and the skills listed above, please email your cv to Julia@starpeople.nz asap, or call Julia for further information on 027 595 0146.
Stakeholder and Communications Coordinator
Longterm Temp role in Otaki - full time
We are looking for a well skilled adaptable person to manage the day to day administration and planning of the communications department for this large construction company.
- monitoring and responding to public emails and the freephone calling number
- collating weekly and monthly reports
- proof reading and document formatting
- communication distributions both electronic and physical
- event management
- managing community meetings and presentations, including planning, presentations development and minute taking
- day to day administrative support for the team including liaising with stakeholders, diary management and minute taking
- record and document management
You must have at least 7 years administration experience and construction, stakeholder relations or comms experience would be an advantage.
You will need:
- advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and outlook
- a high degree of competency with technology and systems
- excellent oral and written communications skills
- to be able to work independently
No two days will be the same and you will be able to leverage your extensive experience to keep things moving forward efficiently.
Please apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do you know who would love to work in an independent audiology clinic, with a fabulous team that are able to offer work that doesn't involve having to sell specific suppliers stock to customers?
This fabulous clinic offers the best service, the best advice and the ability to choose the best products and solutions to fit their client's needs.
Excellent remuneration and a car offered to a qualified audiologist who has their CCC - break out and join a business where you can have freedom, fun and really make a difference to people's lives.
Please send your cv to email@example.com
Junior Chef - Chef de Partie
Popular Kapiti venue providing brunch, lunch and dinner service is looking for a junior chef, or chef de partie to work alongside their experienced kitchen team. This is a full time role, 40 hours rostered a week. It will include weekend work.
- be able to work weekend shifts
- have at least one year's experience working as a junior chef or chef de partie
- be able to work at pace
- enjoy working in a team environment
If your'e looking for a change to an environment where you will be well looked after - please don't hesitate to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org asap
We are seeking a permanent full time Duty Manager to join the team at this newly renovated busy local venue. Patrons are diverse, and the venue is well known for providing excellent service and great entertainment in a friendly environment.
You will need:
- Your Duty Manager's certificate
- Food and Beverage service experience
- To love working within the hospitality industry
- The ability to deliver a great customer experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Staff supervision experience - the ability to manage a small team with energy and enthusiasm, and keep the cogs of business turning is an advantage.
If you are looking for a place where you can become an integral member of an excellent and caring team, I would love to hear from you - please email your cv asap to email@example.com
Only apply if you meet the criteria above.
Top end salon seeks a fabulous new apprentice for their new salon. You may be completely new to hairdressing or you may be part way through an apprenticeship already. You will need to be passionate about hair, have the ability to learn quickly, love providing excellent customer service, and want the opportunity to join an absolutely stellar business. Interested?
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Sous Chef
New venue in Paraparaumu Beach is looking for a junior sous chef to help in the kitchen for dinner service 4.30 - 9.30 pm Wednesday to Sunday. Great team, good pay rates...
Send your cv now to email@example.com
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for some interior painting working on a casual basis.
Please email your cv to email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part-time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Brunch, lunch and dinner service - full time, weekends will be part of the roster.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com