From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. https://www.facebook.com/starpeople.nz/
Accounts Administrator - Part-time - Levin
Our client operates a small but committed team in Levin, that are doing their best to chip away at the plastic mountain, injecting new life into old plastic.
The role is varied and includes accounts administration as well as helping the operations of the business as required.
Your primary purpose is to provide efficient accounts processing and administrative services to the business.
You should have:
• accounts administration experience,
• experience in running payroll,
• proven experience in Xero, and
• great customer service and communication skills.
In addition, you should be honest, reliable, and physically fit, so you can assist with product packaging and dispatch.
The hours of work are Monday – Friday, 9am – 12noon.
To apply for this fantastic part-time role in Levin, please send your CV to email@example.com
We are looking for a very special administrator to take over the following tasks from someone who's shoes will be hard to fill in the Real Estate sector:
- AML compliance
- appraisal background information
- ordering property files
- phones/emails/diary management
- preparing new listings
- preparing print advertising/marketing
- contract management
- proof reading and general administrative duties
You have to be an excellent communicator who will enjoy working in a closeknit team and adding your special magic to the whole package. You must be technically adept and have experience with MSOffice, Google Drive and preferably have experience within the real estate sector although this is not entirely necessary. What is entirely necessary is that you are just the right fit for this successful team. Sound like you? Please get in touch asap. julia @ starpeople.nz
· Do you have experience in the cleaning industry? · Are you seeking consistent working hours?
To apply for this role visit TradeMe here.
Customer Service & Sales Support
Our client's business provides world-class interior finishes and was founded to create a designer-centric experience, raising the bar for choice with its range of fashion-forward, responsibly sourced wood and other interior finishes. Challenging the status quo, they offer designers and architects a fresh, unique and collaborative approach. They deliver unparalleled value and easy access to expert advice and products through their passionate team and world-class showrooms.
• Are you fabulous with customers and a whizz with administration?
• Are you currently in a customer service or sales support role and want a new challenge?
This customer service and aftersales care role is a full-time role, working Monday to Friday, and based in Levin.
You will be the primary person for all incoming customer enquiries, responsible for providing quotes, communicating lead times, checking stock and orders, managing the customer care team, taking full ownership of all incoming enquiries for product issues and care and maintenance enquiries, and assisting in resolution.
If you are meticulous with detail, organised and dedicated to providing world-class customer service and rapid response times then we are looking for you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duty Manager - Gastropub
Are you an experience Duty Manager looking for a new challenge?
Our client is a Gastropub on the Kapiti Coast, offering customers a special place to relax and you the chance to help develop the food & beverage offering for the future.
You should have a great personality with a service focused drive.
Your primary purpose is to lead an efficient, profitable, customer focused Front of House team. You are a leader, trainer, and mentor to all Front of House team.
Key Requirements of the role:
Either least 2 years’ experience in a Duty Manager / Restaurant Supervisor or ready for next step with experience in similar or large-scale food and beverage operation. Exceptional customer skills with a passion for pushing the boundaries. Proven leadership and communication skills managing small teams. Previous experience in achieving operational practices. Ability to empower team by passing on knowledge and experience. Hands on role during key service times – weekends and evenings included. Ability to follow and execute Liquor Licencing & Health & Safety plan and follow company procedures. High personal standards passed on to entire team Weekend availability essential. Additionally, to ensure all legal & company processes are met including Liquor Licencing, Health & Safety, and Food Safety.
You will report directly to the Restaurant Manager & Owner/Operator.
The venue also includes Gaming & TAB as part of its services, while previous experience beneficial this is not essential as training provided.
If you're up for a challenge and have drive to assist in developing the future for our clients business we would like to hear from you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Please email you CV to email@example.com
Head Chef - Paraparaumu
Our client is looking for an experienced, creative, and passionate head chef to join their team.
As head chef, you will run the back-of-house. You will manage the daily operations of the kitchen, oversee the kitchen staff to ensure that the highest quality of cuisine is served to our guests, and ensure that all food and labour cost goals are met.
The restaurant has 100 seats (70 plus 30 in function room), dinner service is 6 days per week (6 – 9:30) and Friday/Saturday until 11pm. Hours of work are 35 per week.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on 027 5950146.
Helpdesk L1/L2 Systems Support Engineer - Hawkes Bay
Based in the Hawkes Bay office for this New Zealand based network and systems provider, your primary role will be to work on the Helpdesk, identifying and resolving issues for one of the Company's major clients. Additionally you will take on responsibilities as a Junior System & Network Support Engineer, providing first and second level support for contracted client's systems. For further information please visit Seek here.
Housewashing / Waterblasting Technician
We are looking for a fit, able person for House washing, waterblasting, gutter clearances, and roof treatments. The successful applicant will be working at heights - so you must be comfortable working up high.
Based in Waikanae, the team services Wellington to Palmerston North including the Hutt Valley.
Full training will be given. A full clean drivers licence is essential.
You need to be:
- Someone who is committed to safe work practices
- Enjoy working outdoors all year round
- Motivated and a self starter
- a practical person and a team player
- Able to do occasional weekend work
We would love to hear from you - please send your cv to julia@ starpeople.nz asap
IT Technician - Intermediate to Senior
Keen to work in an interesting and varied role in Kapiti?
You will need to hit the ground running, be a self-starter, and able to work as a part of a team.
Your experience will include, essential:
• Setup, upgrade, diagnosis and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows–based servers,
• networks and desktops/laptops with Microsoft Office software \
and highly desirable:
• Small and medium sized enterprise (SME) support roles or employment experience
• Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services/Terminal Services
• Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, 365 Business, Google G-Suite
• Cloud storage. GTB mainly uses OneDrive and Dropbox for Business, although Google Drive
• and MS SharePoint are also of use
• MedTech 32/Evolution and Indici PMS. GTB supports medical centres
• Professional practice and small business line-of-business and accounting software
• experience. GTB supports many SMEs such as lawyers, accountants, architects, etc
• VOIP administration and setup with any system. GTB currently uses Kazoo based (Voyager
• VVP) with Yealink and Grandstream phones
• Wireless and wired networks setup and management. GTB uses mainly MikroTik and
The role is full-time (Monday – Friday), with occasional weekend and on-call requirements.
If this sounds like you then please email your CV to email@example.com
Joiner/Cabinet Maker - Nelson based
Superb opportunity for a Joiner/Cabinet Maker to be part of a team whose mission is to transform their client’s RV dreams into reality.
Your role will involve designing, producing and installing joinery predominately for motorhomes
with an established company producing custom motorhomes and performing other vehicle fitouts (food trucks, caravans and coffee carts) in sunny Nelson. This is a full time permanent role, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
You will be responsible for
• Designing, producing and installing joinery to specifications
• Fitting out of motorhomes and other vehicles
Experience you have:
• Experience in joinery/cabinetry production and fit out using a variety of materials
• May have kitchen manufacturing experience
• May have boat building experience
This is a great opportunity for someone that can turn their hand to a number of tasks, enjoys variety and is adaptable, to join a small team who work well together. If this sounds like you please email a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. You can view the role on Trade Me here.
Landscaper / Builder
Based in the Horowhenua but operating throughout the Greater Wellington Region, our client is looking for a qualified builder/ hard landscaper with experience to join their landscaping team in this thriving business. Work is carried out throughout the greater Wellington region, so you may live anywhere from the Manawatu through to Wellington.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience with landscaping, light building and construction landscaping tasks
- A current full drivers licence, and WTR and HT licence would also be highly desirable
- Working knowledge of common hand and power tools relative to landscape construction and maintenance
For further details please and to apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Marine Mechanic / Outboard Technician
Our client is looking for a Marine Outboard Service Technician to join their team servicing mainly Mercury outboards. You may be a qualified marine mechanic or you may be an automotive or bike mechanic looking for a change in roles.
This is a full-time position working from 8am to 5pm during the week with overtime and weekend work where needed. Pay rate is dependent on skill level.
- Full Servicing of Outboard engines
- Full Servicing of Inboard petrol engines
- Servicing of Kawasaki Jet Ski’s
- Outboard Installation & Fit-out
- Small trailer work
- This includes wheel bearings & lights
- Fault finding & diagnostics of engine/boat issues
- Installation of new engines
- Electronics install, and
- Sea-testing boats where needed.
For further details please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Manager -Landscaping & Construction
Looking for more work/life balance? Come work for a company with a great culture.
Our client is seeking a Landscapes operations manager to manage their landscaping teams. Based in Manukau, just north of Otaki, this well established business works throughout the greater Wellington region and you can work between locations. You may have experience in Landscaping or Construction fields or another relevant industry.
We need you to have:
- At least 3-years senior landscaping experience (or similar experience in a relevant field, ie construction)
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading teams
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, suppliers and contractors
- A track record of working to and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in using appropriate computer programmes to ensure the efficient management of the landscapes business
- A passion for plants and the environment
- A full current drivers licence
For further details please and to apply please visit Seek here.
Registered Electrician, Electrical Engineer or Switchboard Assembler - Tawa
Sick of working weekends and being called out? This well respected company is looking for a switchboard assembler to assist in building switchboards for commercial and industrial projects. You might be a registered electrician wanting to trade call outs and working weekends for a regular Monday to Friday job, or you might be unqualified but have electrical assembly experience, or you may have previous experience in switchboard assembly. For more details and to apply for this role please visit Seek Here.
Retail Sales Assistant - Part time - Paraparaumu
Our client is looking for a sales assistant to work in their retail store in the Coastlands Mall, Paraparaumu.
The successful candidates will have experience in a retail environment, and the following:
• a background in fashion sales and love fashion,
• thrive on delivering superior customer service,
• proven sales ability,
• excellent work ethic, and
• great communication skills and be a team player.
The following part-time hours are available:
1. Monday - 10.30-3pm, and alternate Saturday’s - 10-4pm
2. Sunday’s - 10 – 5.30 pm hours
Plus, flexibility to cover for staff leave or absences. This could be two roles or combined as one for the right candidate. Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience.
If this sounds like you come and be part of their great team, please email your CV to email@example.com
Retail - Full-time - Raumati Village
Our client is looking for someone who loves fashion to operate sole charge in their retail shop within the Raumati Village.
You should ideally have:
• the ability to provide high-level style advice,
• good relationship-building and customer service skills,
• retail sales experience, and
• stock management experience.
You should be:
• a positive, energetic person who enjoys a challenge, and
• independent and able to use your initiative.
The hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 10 – 5pm.
The ability to do alterations would be useful.
To apply for this fantastic role with a living wage employer who offers their employees a 30% discount on their fabulous fashion please answer the questions and email your CV.
Sole Charge Retail - Tawa - Part time
You will be solely responsible for this fabulous fashion pop up store based in Tawa, you should have retail experience and POS experience.
The hours are Friday/Saturday/Sunday 10am until 5pm.
Please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 if interested.
Trainee Financial Advisor role (OTE $70-120k) - Kapiti Coast
- Do the phrases ambitious, passionate, positive, proactive, and engaging, describe you?
- Do you have experience in lending, financial, banking, or personal insurance?
- Are you looking for a new opportunity that expands on your current financial knowledge, skills, and experience?
During the training period you will be offered a base salary, until you are up and running, and then transfer to commission only remuneration. You will initially advice on loans and then include insurance.
In this role you won’t just be a mortgage advisor, you will be passionate about helping Kiwi families achieve financial freedom, faster! Your objective is to successfully acquire new clients, develop strong relationships, gain quality recommendations, gain and act on other prospective client leads, and achieve new business sales targets. This is a full-time role with flexible hours, and you will receive training and support to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services – Level 5 (NZCFS Level 5) along with mentoring from industry experts.
Ideally you will have:
- New Zealand home lending, financial, banking, or personal insurance experience
- The ability to build and maintain long term client relationships
- An understanding of the buying and selling process in the property sector
Our client is well-established and “Passionately Kiwi”, with more than 70 locally owned businesses right across New Zealand, managing over $6 billion in residential lending. It’s all about empowering their clients to take control of their finances and plan their financial future, whilst offering a personalised service. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - email@example.com
Chefs, wait staff and bar staff - fulltime, part time and casual!
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com