Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. Please only apply for a role if you have the relevant skills and experience.
Menswear Retail Assistant – Fixed Term
A key staff member is about to take 12 months of parental leave.
We are currently looking for a Retail Assistant to work at this menswear store in Raumati Beach for a 12 month fixed-term. The ideal candidate would have the following skills/attributes:
- cheerful outgoing people person
- able to build strong customer relationships
- good level of retail experience in a similar role
- proven sales ability
- good communication skills (written and oral)
- team player
- good sense of personal style
- able to offer good styling advice
- reliable sewing ability an advantage
- ability to work with social media and internet technology a bonus
As the role is mainly sole charge, we need someone who is loyal, dependable, reliable, honest, well organised and self-motivated.
The days of work are four days per week including a Saturday shift - weekdays 10.00 am - 5.00 pm, Saturday 10.00 am - 4.30 pm.
Email you cv now to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a permanent full time Duty Manager to join the team at this newly renovated busy local venue. Patrons are diverse, and the venue is well known for providing excellent service and great entertainment in a friendly environment.
You will need:
- Your Duty Manager's certificate
- Food and Beverage service experience
- To love working within the hospitality industry
- The ability to deliver a great customer experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Staff supervision experience - the ability to manage a small team with energy and enthusiasm, and keep the cogs of business turning is an advantage.
If you are looking for a place where you can become an integral member of an excellent and caring team, I would love to hear from you - please email your cv asap to email@example.com
Only apply if you meet the criteria above.
Accounts and Administration - Levin
We are looking for an experienced accounts and administration person to work in this go ahead company in Levin. This is a full time role, within a small team that import and distribute quality architectural linings. For this role you will need:
- Experience with Xero, MYOB or another relevant accounting package
- Debtors, Creditors and account reconciliation experience
- Ability to deal with foreign exchange requirements, cashflow and financial reporting to directors, GST & PAYE
- Payroll experience
- Competent MS suite skills
- PA and administrative skills
This role is also responsible for reception and incoming calls, so you will need to have excellent communication, and the ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service. You will happily help out in other areas of the business where required and enjoy contributing to the growth of this company through your own personal development.
If you are looking for a company that you can help grow and that will appreciate you as a great addition to their team, please email your cv asap to firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent opportunity to join a growing company that will help you grow along the way! This could be a first job, or you may already have experience in the workforce.
We are looking for a smart person with a good work ethic to:
- receive and dispatch product
- receive and dispatch samples to our customers
- operate a forklift
- producing samples (cutting and sanding)
- manage stock and samples
- book couriers
You must be a quick learner and be happy to lend your hand in other parts of the business. We are looking for a cheerful, committed team player for this role who would like to contribute to this company's growth while developing themselves personally.
If you are ready to learn heaps and want to be a key and reliable part of the team, please apply now to email@example.com
Top end salon seeks a fabulous new apprentice for their new salon. You may be completely new to hairdressing or you may be part way through an apprenticeship already. You will need to be passionate about hair, have the ability to learn quickly, love providing excellent customer service, and want the opportunity to join an absolutely stellar business. Interested?
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salon Assistant Manager
2IC to the owner of this high end salon, this position will be responsible for providing and monitoring the exceptional level of customer service expected at this fabulous premise. This is a front line role, meeting and greeting clients, making bookings, allocating workload to the team, monitoring calls, emails and social media enquiries and generally managing everyday business requirements such as stock management and staff rostering. In addition, this role will be expected to work closely with the owner who will still be involved on a day to day basis, to help build the business by analysing trends, assisting with marketing and business planning and being involved in team training. You must be passionate, committed and have a high degree of initiative for this role, while still being able to follow process. Gem of a job with a great business owner, hours to suit, so could suit someone wanting to work 9 - 3pm - you just have to be the right person! Great rate offered, permanent, based in Waikanae
Email your cv to email@example.com
Who do you know who would love to work in an independent audiology clinic, with a fabulous team that are able to offer work that doesn't involve having to sell specific suppliers stock to customers? This fabulous clinic offers the best service, the best advice and the ability to choose the best products and solutions to fit their client's needs. Excellent remuneration and a car offered to a qualified audiologist who has their CCC - break out and join a business where you can have freedom, fun and really make a difference to people's lives.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager Service Delivery
Based in the Hawkes Bay this role is to manage a team of 12 technicians to enable them to deliver infrastructure services to a number of customers in the Hawkes Bay and beyond. You will need experience in a similar IT role, be a great manager of people and be able to demonstrate your ability to adhere to SLA's. Reporting to the SLT, this is a key role to making a difference to workflow in this organisation.
For more information email your cv to email@example.com
Great at customer service? Love helping people over the counter and over the phone? Organised and able to learn about machinery parts? Worked in a store and able to receive and dispatch goods? We want you for this lovely local role in Waikanae.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Sous Chef
New venue in Paraparaumu Beach is looking for a junior sous chef to help in the kitchen for dinner service 4:30 - 9:30 pm Wednesday to Sunday. Great team, good pay rates...
Send your cv now to email@example.com
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for some interior painting working on a casual basis.
Please email your cv to email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part-time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Brunch, lunch and dinner service - full time, weekends will be part of the roster.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com