From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. https://www.facebook.com/starpeople.nz/
We require the services of a GLAZIER to join our team in Paraparaumu.This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities and duties will include the measure and installation of:
- Frameless showers
- Glass balustrades
- Pet doors
- Retrofit double glazing
- General glazing of all residential and commercial glass
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be able to work in a team environment or individually
- Have excellent time management and communication skills
- Have a strong customer service focus
- Be physically fit
- Be honest, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Be committed to safe work practices
- A current NZ Driver’s license
Accuracy and skill with measurements and a high level of attention to detail is necessary.
If you think you would be suitable for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skifield Manager - customer experience /Hospitality
Are you ready for a season on the mountain? Its still not too late!
Tukino Skifield is a club field open to the public nestled on the sunny eastern side of Mt Ruapehu. Tukino Village offers 3 lodges offering full board and accommodation for our guests, and our skifield has some of the best skiing on the maunga.
Our Skifield Manager is responsible for being the public face of the skifield, organising skifield staff and volunteers, and coordination with the clubs. This role is responsible for making decisions about which facilities will operate daily, actively providing information to public and media, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, and providing leadership to all Skifield staff. In addition providing good hospitality to skifield visitors and modelling what this looks like to our staff is an important part of the role.
What we are looking for is someone who is great at managing people, and providing a fantastic guest experience. You will have experience in a similar role, either within hospitality or the skifield industry. This is a live-on-mountain role, full board is provided for 8 - 10 weeks.
If you are keen to work on the snow for 8-10 weeks, and would love to experience living on the mountain, call Julia on 0275950146 for more info or email your cv now to email@example.com
IT Service Desk Analyst - Hawkes Bay
We are looking for an Level 1/2 Help Desk analyst for a Hawkes Bay IT business.
Based in the Hawkes Bay office for this New Zealand based network and systems provider, your primary role will be to work on the Helpdesk, identifying and resolving issues for clients of the managed services side of the business. Additionally you will take on responsibilities as a Junior System & Network Support Engineer, providing first and second level support for contracted client's systems.
This will require some travel in the Hawkes Bay area, and on occasion to Wellington to support contracted clients. Some on call and rostered shifts may also be part of this role.
The role is full-time (Monday – Friday), with occasional weekend and on-call requirements. It is essential that you have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, hold a valid NZ Drivers Licence, and ideally your own vehicle. It is also essential that you have strong written and verbal communication skills in English. We offer a competitive package and mileage allowance as applicable.
Skills You Have:
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to build relationships and to relate to people at all levels
- Technical experience and problem solving skills across a variety of systems
- Professional and responsive conduct
- Operating Systems and Application Support and integration skills, including some exposure to Linux, virtualisation and MSoft O365 suite
- Network and systems security expertise
- Linux and virtualisation expertise
- Unifi Managed WiFi solutions
- Operating Systems, Application Support and integration skills
- Experience delivering high quality customer support
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to document processes
If you are interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A local gardening/landscaping firm is looking for a junior gardener to work 3-5 days a week.
Do you love getting outside? Have experience with taking care of gardens/lawns? Get in touch today - this could be a great new role for you for 2022!
Email through your CV to email@example.com
We are looking for a fully qualified Butcher to join an established team and thriving Butchers in Levin.
You will be working in preparation of primal and other cuts for wholesale high end restaurant trade, as well as the manufacture of smallgoods for their retail market, including hams, bacon, salamis, sausages, patties, terrines, pates and charcuterie.
We are after someone with excellent communication skills, who takes pride in their skills and also who might be able to lead the Butchers and improve their existing processes.
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 595 0146 for more info.
Full time role for a junior chef to work within a small team at a popular Italian Restaurant at Paraparaumu Beach.
Making pizzas and plating up desserts and entrees will be part of the role and this would be perfect for someone who is looking to get a bit more experience in this area. Wednesday to Sunday, 4:30 - 9:30.
Interested? Please email your CV to email@example.com
We are looking for a Factory Assistant who has Machinery Operational experience, is prepared for some heavy lifting, and can problem solve for a local factory in Paraparaumu.
The Factory Assistant's role is to safely process paper products products to a high standard as directed by the management. Operate the machinery in a safe manner. The Factory Assistant needs to work both autonomously and within a team. They will take
ownership and responsibility in their role.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Process newsprint using "Sheeter"
- Loading the sheeter using the Gantry crane and clamp truck
- Operate the butt reel rewinder
- Pack and pallatise processed product
- Record production and update production schedule
- Prepare product for shipping
- Safe operation of the Fork Truck and Clamp Truck within the premise
- Maintain a clean and ordered workplace
- Any other tasks as designated by managment
If you are keen to apply, or would like to know more, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A local landscaping and gardening company is looking for an experienced gardener and administrator to assist the business owner in quoting clients, booking in appointments, checking on work and also getting their hands dirty with some gardening.
The ideal person has experience in administration and gardening, and is looking at getting involved straight away. You would be working mornings, for at least 15 hours a week.
If this sounds like you, email through your CV to email@example.com
Lower North Island Sales Rep & In House Sales Person
We are hiring for two sales superstars for a Waikanae based business who sells industrial, commercial and domestic cleaning machines.
The first Sales Person would be based in their Waikanae centre and be responsible for taking control of all telephone sales, which includes current clients and the sourcing of new customers. Experience in acquiring new leads is essential.
The second role is for an experienced Sales Rep to cover the lower North Island. This includes monthly trips to New Plymouth and the Hawkes Bay, as well as servicing the remainder of the Lower North Island on day trips. We are wanting someone who can assist management in the day to day operations and future planning for the business. A work vehicle will be supplied for this role, as well as base salary + commission.
To apply for either of these roles email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv.
Wait staff required for Italian Restaurant at Paraparaumu Beach - Wednesdays to Sundays 5 - 9:30 approx, for a full time role, or a part time role is also available for Friday and Saturday evenings. Please email your CV to email@example.com or flick her a text 027 595 0146
Our Client is a popular Bistro Pub located in Raumati, and they are looking for a super star new Duty Manager!
We are looking for someone with a current Duty Managers certificate to hit the ground running, someone who has at least 2 years experience who will be reporting to the Restaurant Manager and Owner/Operator.
If you think you are up for the challenge get in touch today - email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a landscaper or landscape labourer who wants to join a great team working on new subdivisions. The role entails:
- landscaping - planting out, mulching
- concrete work - paths, driveways and patios
Work is based on a 9 day fortnight, from Monday to Friday, with every second Friday as a paid day off - Yes you heard right! There does need to be some flexibility with wet weather to work other days should you be rained off, but the 9 day fortnight applies.
You must be physically fit and preferably have a drivers licence, and some experience with concreting would be an advantage. We would love to hear from you, so please email your CV to email@example.com
This top end salon is looking for a junior/apprentice to join their expanding business in 2022. This role offers a well designed salon, and a supportive team environment, where you will be assisted to start or complete your hairdressing apprenticeship. With a clear career development pathway, the successful candidate will become part of a unique business offering an exciting opportunity to be part of growing success.
You could already be a 1st or 2nd year hairdressing apprentice, or you may be new to hairdressing with a flair for style and customer service, looking for an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice/trainee you will:
• Be trained in all aspects of hairdressing to the qualification standards
• Contribute to team salon tasks including keeping the salon clean and well organised, reception duties and customer care
• Provide an outstanding level of customer service
• Participate in ongoing team training, skills development and product knowledge.
If you think this would be right for you, get in touch today - email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Machinery Service Technician
This is your opportunity to make a big difference to a local machinery seller and wholesaler.
We are looking for an experienced service technician to take control of the workshop and lead the servicing of water blasters and other cleaning machinery.
The role is full time, and there is a company vehicle included.
Please send your cv to julia @ starpeople.nz or give her a call for more details.
Chef de Partie
Our Kapiti based client is seeking to enhance their team with a Chef de partie or Junior Chef. We need a great personality, with a service focused drive, to help maintain & develop our clients food offering.
The primary purpose of this new role is to support kitchen service in an efficient, profitable, and customer focused manner. Along with all kitchen requirements; including preparation, service, food safety requirements with their online tool, & supporting the Head Chef.
This is a busy venue so your ability to keep cool & calm under pressure and work as a team is imperitive.
Key requirements of the role:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen
- Good communication skills
- A real interest in food
- High personal standards
This role is full time with 5 days on, 2 days off - a mixture of evenings and daytime shifts
If you're up for a challenge and are keen to be involved in developing the future of a business, we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV to Julia@starpeople.nz
Joiner/Cabinet Maker - Nelson based
Superb opportunity for a Joiner/Cabinet Maker to be part of a team whose mission is to transform their client’s RV dreams into reality.
Your role will involve designing, producing and installing joinery predominately for motorhomes
with an established company producing custom motorhomes and performing other vehicle fitouts (food trucks, caravans and coffee carts) in sunny Nelson. This is a full time permanent role, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
You will be responsible for
• Designing, producing and installing joinery to specifications
• Fitting out of motorhomes and other vehicles
Experience you have:
• Experience in joinery/cabinetry production and fit out using a variety of materials
• May have kitchen manufacturing experience
• May have boat building experience
This is a great opportunity for someone that can turn their hand to a number of tasks, enjoys variety and is adaptable, to join a small team who work well together. If this sounds like you please email a cv to email@example.com as soon as possible. You can view the role on Trade Me here.
Based in the Horowhenua but operating throughout the Greater Wellington Region, our client is looking for a landscaper with both hard and soft landscapingexperience to join their landscaping team in this thriving business. Work is carried out throughout the greater Wellington region, so you may live anywhere from the Manawatu through to Wellington.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience with landscaping, light building and construction landscaping tasks
- A current full drivers licence, and WTR and HT licence would also be highly desirable
- Working knowledge of common hand and power tools relative to landscape construction and maintenance
For further details please and to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stakeholder and Communications Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced communications executive for a leading infrastructure business.
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the stakeholder and communications team. The team champion effective two way communications between the project and landowners, the surrounding community and other interest groups, in order to help facilitate the delivery programme of the project and maintain effective internal communications across the project
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in communications or similar field.
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practice.
- Ability to deliver results in a team environment
- Highly organised and able to work to delivery timeframes
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Capability in conflict interest
- Excellent written skills - media releases, website copy, and newsletter articles
- Excellent forward planning
If you tick the above and would like to know more information about the role, please email your CV to email@example.com
Fashion Retail Assistant
Our client is looking for someone who loves fashion to operate sole charge in their retail shop within the Raumati Village.
You should ideally have:
• the ability to provide high-level style advice,
• good relationship-building and customer service skills,
• retail sales experience, and
• stock management experience.
You should be:
• a positive, energetic person who enjoys a challenge, and
• independent and able to use your initiative.
The hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 10 – 5pm.
The ability to do alterations would be useful.
To apply for this fantastic role with a living wage employer who offers their employees a 30% discount on their fabulous fashion please answer the questions and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - email@example.com
Chefs, wait staff and bar staff - fulltime, part time and casual!
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com