Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. Please only apply for a role if you have the relevant skills and experience.
Leisure Travel Consultant
A chance in a lifetime to join this privately owned and operated retail travel and wholesale tour company, beat the traffic and work close to home on the beautiful Kapiti Coast.
You will need to have worked previously in the travel and tourism sector, be passionate about travel and be able to offer clients the benefit of your experiences. As part of an intimate and growing team, you will be mature, reliable, and have excellent listening skills to provide the best customer service to would be travellers. You will be responsible for:
- providing a first class customer service experience to our clients, managing relationships and generating repeat business
- delivering customer travel requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- meeting new clients and generating new business
- keeping up to date on products and destinations
- liaising with tour operators and wholesalers to select the best options for clients
You will be experienced in travel booking systems and be able to accommodate agency customers, and of course will have excellent communication and coordination skills when building itineraries. Fit for team is extremely important, and you will be a team player who fosters a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
If this sounds like a place you could put your feet down in, please email your cv asap to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for an IT Engineer or Technician right now!
The person we want is smart, technically competent and customer focused person with at least one year's relevant experience in IT service delivery. Help Desk or Service Desk experience is important as this role will be communicating directly with clients and providing hardware and software solutions. You will have experience with:
- Office 365
- Dropbox Business
- Supporting small to medium enterprise networks, hardware and software
- ITIL processes
Aside from technical and personal growth, this role offers a varied, interesting and supportive workplace where the right person will be taken seriously and valued.
If you are ready to learn heaps and want to be a key and reliable part of the team, please apply now to email@example.com
Levin based opportunity to join a go ahead contruction company as their project coordinator. This role is responsible for all scheduling of projects, including liaising with clients and contractors and the account manager to provide accurate timelines for building projects. You will need:
- - A high degree of IT literacy - MS Office suite, Xero and preferably workflow management software experience.
- - Great communications skills, both written and verbal
- - Attention to detail - this role requires an absolute eye for detail over multiple projects
- - Project administration experience
- - The ability to be able to multi task while retaining your sense of humour!
- - Relationship management experience - being able to keep people onside and get the best out of contractors and clients.
Interested? Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sous Chef/Pizza Chef
Fabulous new venue in Paraparaumu Beach is looking for a sous-chef/pizza chef to assist the headchef with lunch and dinner service in this intimate chic italian style restaurant. Wednesday - Sunday (Sunday is currently lunch only). Full time hours, great remuneration and lovely team.
Email your cv to email@example.com
Senior Stylist - Waikanae
Are you really passionate about hair? Make the most of this amazing opportunity to become part of an elite business offering intelligent, sophisticated styling and five-star customer service to their clientele.
Absolute Hair in Waikanae are looking for a Senior Stylist to join their expanding business. Kirsten and her team have recently moved to brand new premises and offer a supportive team environment, where you’ll be able to develop your own client base and be well rewarded for your passion, flair and customer service.
This unique business offers something different from anything Kapiti has on offer. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of growing success, to work close to home, and to choose full or part time hours depending on what suits you.
As a Senior stylist you will…
- Be NZTC qualified or have an overseas equivalent qualification
- Have the ability to consult with your customers and cut and style accordingly
- Provide an outstanding level of customer service
- Perform all hairdressing duties including colour work, cutting, perming, straightening, drying and styling
- Mentor and help train apprentices
- Participate in team work with salon duties
- Develop your own client base with Absolute Hair’s proven client building strategies
Self-development and participation in staff training is expected from all team members, as is an exceptional level of service to our customers. Absolute Hair is committed to professionalism and providing a service where customer care is absolutely key to their business success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a strong team of exceptional hairdressers delivering exceptional service and be recognised and rewarded for your commitment to your profession.
This role can start as soon as possible or perhaps you’re thinking of moving in the New Year. Either way, get in touch with Julia as soon as you can to register your interest.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Paraparaumu-based furniture store seek an office manager with responsibility for organising office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing administration systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring all administration functions. Responsible for overall integrity of all shop financial accounts, POS and inventory systems.
You'll need to have excellent communication skills, a working knowledge of MYOB inventory or similar and experience with warehouse management would definitely be an advantage.
Only apply if you have the skills required.
For more information email your cv to email@example.com
Curtain Cutter & Machinist
Do you have industry experience?
We're seeking a curtain cutter ... industry experience cutting patterns is preferred otherwise you need to have a steady hand and an eye for accurate measuring!
Skills required by the machinist include overlocking, sewing in linings and tapes. Again, industry experience is preferred or you'll have had a lot of experience sewing different fabrics.
These are both full-time positions for someone who's quick and conscientous - a team player who works well under pressure and can meet deadlines.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified audiologist required for this independent clinic.
What you'll need...
- Some experience in a private audiology and hearing aid clinic
- Full member of NZ Audiological Society
- Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Ability to prescribe a broad range of hearing aid manufacturer's products
If you enjoy relating to your patients and establishing long-term caring relationships with them this position offers....
- Great location on the Kapiti Coast
- Potential for profit-sharing arrangement
- Company car
- A fabulous team to work with
- Assistance with relocation costs if required
Get in touch with Julia today for more information - email@example.com
Chef & Sous Chef
Popular local pub require a head chef for brunch, lunch, dinner service and catering for events.
Full-time with hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Send your cv now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email email@example.com
Required for some interior painting working on a casual basis.
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part-time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Brunch, lunch and dinner service - full time, weekends will be part of the roster.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - email@example.com
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org