Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. Please only apply for a role if you have the relevant skills and experience.
Italian Restaurant located at Paraparaumu Beach are seeking a sous chef. The restaurant provides dinner service from 5.30 pm Wednesday to Sunday and is open 9am to 1pm on weekends for brunch.
- be able to work weekend shifts
- have at least one year's experience working as a sous chef
- enjoy working as part of a team
If your'e looking for a change to an environment where you will be well looked after and like the idea of being part of a family business - please don't hesitate to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org asap
Full-time, part-time and casual Support Workers and Curative Education Support Workers
Hohepa is a therapeutic community based on the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner. Hohepa Kapiti is a small service which opened 2015 at a beautiful rural location in the Paraparaumu area, building on the experiences and success of Hohepa Hawke’s Bay. We’re recruiting for staff for a brand new house supporting younger people
Various permanent vacancies are available, working during the day (including morning and evening work - on weekdays and weekends), and waking night shift (Wake Over). Full time and part time positions are available. We’re also looking for casuals - people who can work occasionally, maybe at short notice, but with no fixed hours. (Full training and support is provided.) Work may be available on weekdays, weekends and night shifts. This is an ideal role if you don’t want to take on something permanent.
For all these roles, some experience or training would be great; but your attitude and approach is far more important to us and full training and support is given. We require applicants with a mature approach, who can cope with the mental and physical demands of this role which can be challenging but also highly rewarding as you journey alongside young people and adults to support their development.
To be successful in this role you will have a keen interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities, displaying empathy and respect, and the ability to ENABLE people to achieve their goals and plans. You will be assisting residents in their lovely houses, as well as supporting recreation activities such as drumming, walking and cycling. You will hold a full, clean drivers' licence and have the flexibility to work up to 40hrs per week (including a weekend shift); the hours will range from 6.30am to 10pm.
We welcome applications from people with some knowledge or experience of anthroposophy, social therapy, biodynamic gardening and curative education, who are prepared to train and mentor staff in the principles and practices of Rudolf Steiner. To apply for the Curative Education Support Worker role you will need some experience in an organisation based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, and hold a relevant qualification.
The casual role is ideal if you can be available for work, possibly at short notice or to cover absences, but do not wish to take on a permanent role.
What do you need?
- Have a keen interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities, displaying empathy and respect, and the ability to ENABLE residents to achieve their goals and plans.
- Have good communication skills, able to communicate clearly and appropriately with a range of people, and to maintain accurate records and progress notes.
- Be willing and able to work within Hohepa's values and practices.
- Be trustworthy and have high ethical standards, able to respect confidentiality and privacy.
- Have a mature attitude and good interpersonal skills; this includes being practical and 'down to earth' about the nature of the role, and being able to work with people who may have high support needs and challenging behaviour without becoming flustered.
- Be drug free, prepared not to smoke during work hours and willing to declare any convictions.
- Be fit for the physical and emotional aspects of the role.
- Computer familiarity an advantage.
- Cooking and gardening are desirable
- Hold a valid OPEN work visa (not employer specific) that is valid for at least 1 year from the date of your application.
Your skills and aptitude for the job are more important than any qualification. We provide certificated and on-the-job training. Ideally, successful candidates will spend time, as part of their induction, experiencing the Hohepa Hawkes Bay service.
Varied work arrangements are available.
For more information send your cv now to email@example.com
Part time Retail
Great wee job for 12 - 18 hours a week. Hours are 12 - 3:30, Monday to Thursday and every second Saturday 9 - 2pm. Retail and online sales of safety equipment and clothing for a specialist store in Kapiti. Lovely team - you will need:
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Cash handling skills
- A reasonable level of IT literacy to update the stock management system and process online orders
- be physically fit and capable of lifting up to 25kg
Accounts Receivable - Part-time
Based in Paraparaumu this role is 20 hours a week with our client who specialise in the sales, service and repair of top quality outdoor power equipment (chainsaws, weedeaters, lawnmowers, chippers, logsplitters, waterblasters... you see where this is going).
You'll be responsible for ensuring the production and management of accounts receivable invoices and statements, including ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner,
Other duties may include, but not be limited to, answering the phones, helping out customers, looking for opportunities to improve systems and procedures, helping out with events when required, general office admin.
Interested? Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mortgage & Insurance Administration Specialist - Part-time
Responsible for providing administrative support as part of a busy team a requirement of this role is the ability to work independently to get the job done as well as being able to work collaboratively with all team members to support the smooth running of the business.
Currently a part-time position, the hours are 9am - 3pm though this could increase to full-time.
- Making appointments for clients and advisors
- Collating documents from clients mortgage and insurance applications
- Obtaining financial information from clients
- Loading applications into CRM
- Interactions with real estate agents, solicitors, accountants
- Ordering valuations
- Management of re-applications where applicable.
- The ability to work independently within a small and busy team, being proactive with an aptitude for follow up
- Proven ability with MS Office Suite and a good level of IT literacy
- Experience in the financial services sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills with a solution's focused attitude.
If you have a penchant for customer service, enjoy contributing to the team, have a positive, fun attitude and are looking for something to do while the kids are at school then send your cv now to email@example.com
Our client is looking for a full time lending assistant to assist the mortgage team - this is a full time role based in Kapiti and we need someone who has a banking background or previous financial services experience. You will have the following qualities:
- Highly organised and able to prioritise time
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a great phone manner
- Have good MS office suite knowledge, particularly with Word and excel
- Have a previous financial services industry experience preferably in lending.
Good team, great local location and excellent remuneration offered
email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv!
Our client is a boutique outdoor centre based in the foot hills of the Tararua Ranges East of Levin. We are looking for an Adventure Activities industry qualified instructor with additional skills as a qualified (or with a degree related to) Facilitator and Rehabilitation Counsellor.
The role is jointly as an Outdoor Instructor and will require the following skills or experience:
- Facilitation of high ropes, flying fox, Adventure Based learning games for school students – capable of working alone.
- Cleaning and Maintenance of Equipment.
- Coordination and writing of lesson plan/s and delivery of same.
- Liaison and coordination with teachers and parents.
- Bush craft training skills (Bush1 or equivalent)
- DofE Gold Instructor (Bush2 or equivalent)
- Current First aid.
- Debriefing and knowledge sourcing from clients at the end of each session.
- Need to be drug and alcohol free and non-smoking.
The secondary role is as a Facilitator/Rehabilitation Counsellor for programmes and special needs clients:
Specialised Skills: (Degree in teaching and/or experience with students/clients with disabilities)
- Working with long term unemployed, mentally impaired and prisoners to inspire them into work and build their personal well-being.
- Understanding and knowledge of learning difficulties including but not limited to Asperger’s, autism, authority aversion, ADHD, ADD, and other learning disabilities.
- Drug and alcohol knowledge (detriment of) (note this is unusual in the outdoor industry – many applicants cannot pass a personal drug test).
- Knowledge of nutrition, fitness and psychology of high performing teams.
- Able to work in sole charge position with responsibility for well-being of up to 15 MSD clients.
- Conflict resolution and ability to de-escalate violent or threatening clients.
- Build and maintain trustworthy (professionally appropriate) relationships with the clients.
The role is full time with between 30 and 40 hours per week. You are required to live in at Makahika OPC; accommodation and food is provided at a reduced rate. Please send your cv to email@example.com
Junior Chef - Chef de Partie
Popular Kapiti venue providing brunch, lunch and dinner service is looking for a junior chef, or chef de partie to work alongside their experienced kitchen team. This is a full time role, 40 hours rostered a week. It will include weekend work.
- be able to work weekend shifts
- have at least one year's experience working as a junior chef or chef de partie
- be able to work at pace
- enjoy working in a team environment
If your'e looking for a change to an environment where you will be well looked after - please don't hesitate to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org asap
We are seeking a permanent full time Duty Manager to join the team at this newly renovated busy local venue. Patrons are diverse, and the venue is well known for providing excellent service and great entertainment in a friendly environment.
You will need:
- Your Duty Manager's certificate
- Food and Beverage service experience
- To love working within the hospitality industry
- The ability to deliver a great customer experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Staff supervision experience - the ability to manage a small team with energy and enthusiasm, and keep the cogs of business turning is an advantage.
If you are looking for a place where you can become an integral member of an excellent and caring team, I would love to hear from you - please email your cv asap to email@example.com
Only apply if you meet the criteria above.
Top end salon seeks a fabulous new apprentice for their new salon. You may be completely new to hairdressing or you may be part way through an apprenticeship already. You will need to be passionate about hair, have the ability to learn quickly, love providing excellent customer service, and want the opportunity to join an absolutely stellar business. Interested?
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Sous Chef
New venue in Paraparaumu Beach is looking for a junior sous chef to help in the kitchen for dinner service 4.30 - 9.30 pm Wednesday to Sunday. Great team, good pay rates...
Send your cv now to email@example.com
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for some interior painting working on a casual basis.
Please email your cv to email@example.com
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part-time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Brunch, lunch and dinner service - full time, weekends will be part of the roster.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com