Star People are generalist recruiters working with a variety of businesses
From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first
This Paraparaumu-based furniture store seek an office manager with responsibility for organising office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing administration systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring all administration functions. Responsible for overall integrity of all shop financial accounts, POS and inventory systems.
You'll need to have excellent communication skills, a working knowledge of MYOB inventory or similar and experience with warehouse management would definitely be an advantage.
Only apply if you have the skills required.
For more information email your cv to email@example.com
Office Administrator - Part-time
These insolvency and business restructuring specialists are looking for someone to provide general admin approximately 6 hours a day on Monday and Tuesday.
Some accounting skills will be required as the position includes reconciliations and cashbook handling through excel, liqudation work, trustt account reconcilations and GST returns as well as keeping the team in line!
Sound like you? Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtain Cutter & Machinist
Do you have industry experience?
We're seeking a curtain cutter ... industry experience cutting patterns is preferred otherwise you need to have a steady hand and an eye for accurate measuring!
Skills required by the machinist include overlocking, sewing in linings and tapes. Again, industry experience is preferred or you'll have had a lot of experience sewing different fabrics.
These are both full-time positions for someone who's quick and conscientous - a team player who works well under pressure and can meet deadlines.
Please send your cv to email@example.com
This local award-winning, customer focused mortgage broking service seek a full time lending assistant.
What you'll have:
- Previous lending experience (minimum 5 years), ideally in home loans dealing with new appications, existing financing and re-fixing of loans
- Ability to provide mortgage reduction advice
- Proven customer service and sales ability (preferably in a similar role)
- Ability to meet performance targets
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and numerical skills
- Current driver's licence
- Intermediate to advanced knowldedge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- A desire for personal self-development and education (you may be required to attend Professional Development and Training days)
If you're self-motived, proactive with strong networking skills, love procedures and processes, and have great attention to detail send your cv today to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join this award winning brewery who are looking for a Duty Manager to host events, and run their craft beer bar, Wednesday to Sunday – on a rostered weekend basis, 30 hours a week.
If you're passionate about craft beer and love providing the best hospitality and service, this is a perfect role.
AND you don’t have to work late – the bar is usually closed by 8pm.
Send your cv NOW.... email@example.com
Bookkeeper / Accountant Napier based position
Based in Napier this role is full time with an excellent remuneration package for qualified staff.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has previous experience at a senior level dealing with accounts payable/receivable and reconciliations
- Understands accounting principles and work with journals and GL
- Has good general office administration skills and is able to assist with project administration, ordering and delivery of equipment and scheduling of IT projects
- Preferably has experience with Xero, or another similar accounting package
- Is IT savvy, comfortable with using opensourceware, and learning new systems
Sound like you? Send your cv now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified audiologist required for this independent clinic.
What you'll need...
- Some experience in a private audiology and hearing aid clinic
- Full member of NZ Audiological Society
- Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Ability to prescribe a broad range of hearing aid manufacturer's products
If you enjoy relating to your patients and establishing long-term caring relationships with them this position offers....
- Great location on the Kapiti Coast
- Potential for profit-sharing arrangement
- Company car
- A fabulous team to work with
- Assistance with relocation costs if required
Get in touch with Julia today for more information - email@example.com
Fashion Retail - Part time staff
Fashion retail staff wanted for a fab new fashion shop opening at Coastlands - we are looking for part time staff for approximately 20 hours a week for this upmarket boutique. You will need to have previous fashion retail experience and have a high standard of presentation and customer service - call Julia 027 595 0146 or email you cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of this tech team you'll be responsible for remote desktop support, Dropbox and Office 365 set-up and support.
You'll need to be tech savvy and have great people skills.
If you think you fit the bill email your cv to email@example.com
Required for some interior painting working on a casual basis.
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a go-getter interested in craft beer and looking for part-time work?
This position at Tuatara Brewery is around 20 hours a week combining both weekday and weekend shifts but it'll be pretty rare if you're finished after 8pm unless it's a function.
Your duty manager's licence is a must as is a great team attitude and a knowledge of craft beer.
If you're interested please email your cv to email@example.com
Popular local pub require a head chef for brunch, lunch, dinner service and catering for events.
Full-time with hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Send your cv now to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced Duty Manager whose roles and responsibilities will include
- Knowing how to create a positive customer experience through great personality and service
- Ability to manage and organise small team when on duty
- Ensuring presentation of venue is at the highest standard
- Experienced in running activities for example Quiz Night, Bingo or Poker
- TAB/Gaming experience beneficial but not essential - you will be trained
- Must hold General Managers Certificate
- Ensure the presentation of venue is at the highest standard..
- Starting ASAP/ per hour rate dependant on experience and skills
Part-time Bar Staff
- Must be available weekends
- Well represented
- Welcoming personality
- Work well within team environment
Brunch, lunch and dinner service - full time, weekends will be part of the roster.
Call Julia 04 293 4833 or email that cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - email@example.com
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and Dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email email@example.com