From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. https://www.facebook.com/starpeople.nz/
JOB TITLE: Hearing Care Co-ordinator – part time
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This role is to ensure great customer service to patients by providing excellent reception, customer care and administration services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Open and Close clinic
- General reception and admin duties
- Greeting patients and building relationships
- Answering the telephone; taking messages; entering appointments
- Scanning documents into our PMS (TIMS), entering HA details
- Responsible for ensuring HA are in clinic and charged ready for appointment
- Liaising with clinic team, manufacturers to ensure smooth running of clinic
- Cash handling, keeping a daily cash record and noting payment in TIMS
- Sending/Receiving/Recording courier packages, keeping records
- Entering information into patient management database
- Selling small consumables such as hearing aid batteries and filters
- Diagnosing, cleaning and actioning repairs of hearing aids (training will be provided)
- Consumable stock management (ordering and receiving as per policy)
- Keeping the clinic neat & tidy on a daily basis
- Keeping the clinic social media updated and answering queries as they arise
- Other duties may be agreed to as they arise
Training in specific systems used by the clinic to manage patient information for the purposes of doing this role will be given.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills
- Frontline reception experience
- Experience in general office administration
- Good keyboard skills and competency in MS Office suite
- Diary management experience
- Awareness of the Privacy Act and ability to comply with restrictions around patient information
If you are interested please get in touch ASAP - either message on Facebook or email email@example.com
PART TIME ADMINISTRATOR - NELSON (STOKE)
Our Client is looking for an Administrator with excellent communication skills and the ability to provide a great level of customer service.
You will need to have:
- a proven understanding of office procedures
- Accounts payable and receivable experience
- experience with MYOB or another comparable accounting system
- Competency with MSOffice and excel
- A pleasant phone manner
Past experience/familiarity with RV’s (Recreational Vehicles) industry (owner of a caravan or motorhome) would be a bonus.
You will need to be self-motivated and possess a willingness to contribute, honest, well-presented and polite, flexible, adaptable in a work environment and able to work independently.
Part-time 3-5 days a week, 6 hours daily or Full time 3 days a week, 8 hours daily
If you are interested please get in touch ASAP - either message on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking for a Fulltime Kitchen Aid/Disherwasher
Monday - Friday 6.45am - at 2pm
Duties Include: Setting tables, helping in the kitchen, help serve morning tea, dishwashing andmaintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout dining room and kitchen.
If you are interested please get in touch ASAP - either message on Facebook or email email@example.com
We require the services of a GLAZIER to join our team in Paraparaumu.This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities and duties will include the measure and installation of:
- Frameless showers
- Glass balustrades
- Pet doors
- Retrofit double glazing
- General glazing of all residential and commercial glass
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be able to work in a team environment or individually
- Have excellent time management and communication skills
- Have a strong customer service focus
- Be physically fit
- Be honest, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Be committed to safe work practices
- A current NZ Driver’s license
Accuracy and skill with measurements and a high level of attention to detail is necessary.
If you think you would be suitable for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skifield Manager - customer experience /Hospitality
Are you ready for a season on the mountain? Its still not too late!
Tukino Skifield is a club field open to the public nestled on the sunny eastern side of Mt Ruapehu. Tukino Village offers 3 lodges offering full board and accommodation for our guests, and our skifield has some of the best skiing on the maunga.
Our Skifield Manager is responsible for being the public face of the skifield, organising skifield staff and volunteers, and coordination with the clubs. This role is responsible for making decisions about which facilities will operate daily, actively providing information to public and media, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, and providing leadership to all Skifield staff. In addition providing good hospitality to skifield visitors and modelling what this looks like to our staff is an important part of the role.
What we are looking for is someone who is great at managing people, and providing a fantastic guest experience. You will have experience in a similar role, either within hospitality or the skifield industry. This is a live-on-mountain role, full board is provided for 8 - 10 weeks.
If you are keen to work on the snow for 8-10 weeks, and would love to experience living on the mountain, call Julia on 0275950146 for more info or email your cv now to email@example.com
IT Service Desk Analyst - Hawkes Bay
We are looking for an Level 1/2 Help Desk analyst for a Hawkes Bay IT business.
Based in the Hawkes Bay office for this New Zealand based network and systems provider, your primary role will be to work on the Helpdesk, identifying and resolving issues for clients of the managed services side of the business. Additionally you will take on responsibilities as a Junior System & Network Support Engineer, providing first and second level support for contracted client's systems.
This will require some travel in the Hawkes Bay area, and on occasion to Wellington to support contracted clients. Some on call and rostered shifts may also be part of this role.
The role is full-time (Monday – Friday), with occasional weekend and on-call requirements. It is essential that you have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, hold a valid NZ Drivers Licence, and ideally your own vehicle. It is also essential that you have strong written and verbal communication skills in English. We offer a competitive package and mileage allowance as applicable.
Skills You Have:
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to build relationships and to relate to people at all levels
- Technical experience and problem solving skills across a variety of systems
- Professional and responsive conduct
- Operating Systems and Application Support and integration skills, including some exposure to Linux, virtualisation and MSoft O365 suite
- Network and systems security expertise
- Linux and virtualisation expertise
- Unifi Managed WiFi solutions
- Operating Systems, Application Support and integration skills
- Experience delivering high quality customer support
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to document processes
If you are interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an intermediate to senior Lawyer for this forward thinking, contemporary and successful law firm based on the beautiful Kapiti Coast.
The Kapiti region has enjoyed significant growth over the last 5 years and this firm is looking to engage another lawyer with a view to partnership within one to two years. You could be an intermediate to senior lawyer, or you may be a partner of an existing firm.
With an excellent client base the firm provides a mixture of conveyancing, property, commercial and personal legal advice. This practice is busy but they make a point of still getting to enjoy life outside of work in the beautiful environment that Kapiti has to offer.
With great employees, good systems and a positive firm culture, the firm is a profitable business and the right candidate has the opportunity to earn significantly more than most people would expect from a Kapiti firm.
We are looking for someone down to earth but with great client service skills and a desire for partnership. Flexibility with working hours is available, as are other benefits. If this role sounds like a great change to you, please email your cv to email@example.com please call 027 5950146 for more information.
Please note that applications will only be accepted from people that have the right to work permanently in NZ.
We are looking for a fully qualified Butcher to join an established team and thriving Butchers in Levin.
You will be working in preparation of primal and other cuts for wholesale high end restaurant trade, as well as the manufacture of smallgoods for their retail market, including hams, bacon, salamis, sausages, patties, terrines, pates and charcuterie.
We are after someone with excellent communication skills, who takes pride in their skills and also who might be able to lead the Butchers and improve their existing processes.
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 595 0146 for more info.
Full time role for a junior chef to work within a small team at a popular Italian Restaurant at Paraparaumu Beach.
Making pizzas and plating up desserts and entrees will be part of the role and this would be perfect for someone who is looking to get a bit more experience in this area. Wednesday to Sunday, 4:30 - 9:30.
Interested? Please email your CV to email@example.com
We are looking for a Factory Assistant who has Machinery Operational experience, is prepared for some heavy lifting, and can problem solve for a local factory in Paraparaumu.
The Factory Assistant's role is to safely process paper products products to a high standard as directed by the management. Operate the machinery in a safe manner. The Factory Assistant needs to work both autonomously and within a team. They will take
ownership and responsibility in their role.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Process newsprint using "Sheeter"
- Loading the sheeter using the Gantry crane and clamp truck
- Operate the butt reel rewinder
- Pack and pallatise processed product
- Record production and update production schedule
- Prepare product for shipping
- Safe operation of the Fork Truck and Clamp Truck within the premise
- Maintain a clean and ordered workplace
- Any other tasks as designated by managment
If you are keen to apply, or would like to know more, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fabulous opportunity to join an independent audiology clinic on the beautiful Kapiti Coast, with excellent remuneration and benefits.
We are looking for a qualified audiologist to join our client’s wonderful team, with clinics in two locations in Kapiti.
You will need:
- To be a qualified audiologist, preferably with some experience in a private audiology and hearing aid clinic.
- Your Certificate of Clinical Competence (if no ccc then our client will help you through the process).
- To be able to work well as part of a small cheerful team.
- To enjoy relating to patients and establishing long-term caring relationships with them.
- Your energy, enthusiasm and commitment to helping this business service its established and growing client base.
What is on offer:
- As an independent clinic our client has the ability to prescribe whatever products are needed. They pride themselves on finding the best solutions for their clients, regardless of the brand of product. They don’t believe in commission-based sales, they believe in providing the best service and the best solution for their clients.
- Part or full time work to suit your life and work balance.
- A competitive salary.
- A company car.
- Assistance with relocation.
- An amazing Kapiti Coast location!
We would absolutely love to hear from you – please email your cv to julia@starpeople or call 04 2934833 for more information.
Lower North Island Sales Rep & In House Sales Person
We are hiring for two sales superstars for a Waikanae based business who sells industrial, commercial and domestic cleaning machines.
The first Sales Person would be based in their Waikanae centre and be responsible for taking control of all telephone sales, which includes current clients and the sourcing of new customers. Experience in acquiring new leads is essential.
The second role is for an experienced Sales Rep to cover the lower North Island. This includes monthly trips to New Plymouth and the Hawkes Bay, as well as servicing the remainder of the Lower North Island on day trips. We are wanting someone who can assist management in the day to day operations and future planning for the business. A work vehicle will be supplied for this role, as well as base salary + commission.
To apply for either of these roles email email@example.com with your cv.
Wait staff required for Italian Restaurant at Paraparaumu Beach - Wednesdays to Sundays 5 - 9:30 approx, for a full time role, or a part time role is also available for Friday and Saturday evenings. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or flick her a text 027 595 0146
Our Client is a popular Bistro Pub located in Raumati, and they are looking for a super star new Duty Manager!
We are looking for someone with a current Duty Managers certificate to hit the ground running, someone who has at least 2 years experience who will be reporting to the Restaurant Manager and Owner/Operator.
If you think you are up for the challenge get in touch today - email email@example.com
We are looking for a landscaper or landscape labourer who wants to join a great team working on new subdivisions. The role entails:
- landscaping - planting out, mulching
- concrete work - paths, driveways and patios
Work is based on a 9 day fortnight, from Monday to Friday, with every second Friday as a paid day off - Yes you heard right! There does need to be some flexibility with wet weather to work other days should you be rained off, but the 9 day fortnight applies.
You must be physically fit and preferably have a drivers licence, and some experience with concreting would be an advantage. We would love to hear from you, so please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This top end salon is looking for a junior/apprentice to join their expanding business in 2022. This role offers a well designed salon, and a supportive team environment, where you will be assisted to start or complete your hairdressing apprenticeship. With a clear career development pathway, the successful candidate will become part of a unique business offering an exciting opportunity to be part of growing success.
You could already be a 1st or 2nd year hairdressing apprentice, or you may be new to hairdressing with a flair for style and customer service, looking for an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice/trainee you will:
• Be trained in all aspects of hairdressing to the qualification standards
• Contribute to team salon tasks including keeping the salon clean and well organised, reception duties and customer care
• Provide an outstanding level of customer service
• Participate in ongoing team training, skills development and product knowledge.
If you think this would be right for you, get in touch today - email your CV to email@example.com
Machinery Service Technician
This is your opportunity to make a big difference to a local machinery seller and wholesaler.
We are looking for an experienced service technician to take control of the workshop and lead the servicing of water blasters and other cleaning machinery.
The role is full time, and there is a company vehicle included.
Please send your cv to julia @ starpeople.nz or give her a call for more details.
Chef de Partie
Our Kapiti based client is seeking to enhance their team with a Chef de partie or Junior Chef. We need a great personality, with a service focused drive, to help maintain & develop our clients food offering.
The primary purpose of this new role is to support kitchen service in an efficient, profitable, and customer focused manner. Along with all kitchen requirements; including preparation, service, food safety requirements with their online tool, & supporting the Head Chef.
This is a busy venue so your ability to keep cool & calm under pressure and work as a team is imperitive.
Key requirements of the role:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen
- Good communication skills
- A real interest in food
- High personal standards
This role is full time with 5 days on, 2 days off - a mixture of evenings and daytime shifts
If you're up for a challenge and are keen to be involved in developing the future of a business, we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV to Julia@starpeople.nz
Joiner/Cabinet Maker - Nelson based
Superb opportunity for a Joiner/Cabinet Maker to be part of a team whose mission is to transform their client’s RV dreams into reality.
Your role will involve designing, producing and installing joinery predominately for motorhomes
with an established company producing custom motorhomes and performing other vehicle fitouts (food trucks, caravans and coffee carts) in sunny Nelson. This is a full time permanent role, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
You will be responsible for
• Designing, producing and installing joinery to specifications
• Fitting out of motorhomes and other vehicles
Experience you have:
• Experience in joinery/cabinetry production and fit out using a variety of materials
• May have kitchen manufacturing experience
• May have boat building experience
This is a great opportunity for someone that can turn their hand to a number of tasks, enjoys variety and is adaptable, to join a small team who work well together. If this sounds like you please email a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. You can view the role on Trade Me here.
Based in the Horowhenua but operating throughout the Greater Wellington Region, our client is looking for a landscaper with both hard and soft landscapingexperience to join their landscaping team in this thriving business. Work is carried out throughout the greater Wellington region, so you may live anywhere from the Manawatu through to Wellington.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience with landscaping, light building and construction landscaping tasks
- A current full drivers licence, and WTR and HT licence would also be highly desirable
- Working knowledge of common hand and power tools relative to landscape construction and maintenance
For further details please and to apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Stakeholder and Communications Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced communications executive for a leading infrastructure business.
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the stakeholder and communications team. The team champion effective two way communications between the project and landowners, the surrounding community and other interest groups, in order to help facilitate the delivery programme of the project and maintain effective internal communications across the project
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in communications or similar field.
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practice.
- Ability to deliver results in a team environment
- Highly organised and able to work to delivery timeframes
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Capability in conflict interest
- Excellent written skills - media releases, website copy, and newsletter articles
- Excellent forward planning
If you tick the above and would like to know more information about the role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fashion Retail Assistant
Our client is looking for someone who loves fashion to operate sole charge in their retail shop within the Raumati Village.
You should ideally have:
• the ability to provide high-level style advice,
• good relationship-building and customer service skills,
• retail sales experience, and
• stock management experience.
You should be:
• a positive, energetic person who enjoys a challenge, and
• independent and able to use your initiative.
The hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 10 – 5pm.
The ability to do alterations would be useful.
To apply for this fantastic role with a living wage employer who offers their employees a 30% discount on their fabulous fashion please answer the questions and email your CV to email@example.com
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chefs, wait staff and bar staff - fulltime, part time and casual!
Email your cv to email@example.com
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org