From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a varied range of industries and roles.
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page.
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team:
WAREHOUSE DISPATCH OPERATOR
We’re on the lookout for a fit and reliable person to join a busy warehouse dispatch team at their state-of-the-art headquarters in Grenada village, Wellington. If you have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, excellent eye for detail and are not afraid of some physical hard work then this could be the perfect role for you! Accuracy is the number one objective and the company rewards this accordingly. Ideally you will have some previous experience working in a warehouse team environment, inwards or outwards goods.
This is a great opportunity to join a well established company providing our local construction industry with high quality bathroom fixtures from around the world. They are a growing business who have been trading for more than 30 years.
The role involves:
- Taking direction from the Dispatch Supervisor and Warehouse Manager regarding your daily role and tasks to be completed
- Picking, packing and fulfilling orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Computer based order fulfilment and online booking of freight consignments
- Wrapping palletised freight using automatic and manual wrappers
- Operating a forklift, reach truck & order picker as required
- Completing stock takes and other stock counts as required
- Ensuring that your workplace is kept clean, tidy, and well organised
- Unloading containers and helping with inwards goods as required
- Care and maintenance of company assets
What’s in it for you:
- Immediate start
- Great company culture and work environment
- Free lunch provided daily by an in-house chef
- Free parking onsite
- Company wide bonus scheme
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid working visa.
To register your interest please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 2934833for further info
PART-TIME EAR NURSE
We are looking for a caring and patient Nurse to join this lovely and supportive audiology team on the Kāpiti Coast.
You will be a registered Nurse that can work:
- 8-10 hours p/week over 2 days (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Be able to work some other days occasionally to cover for staff holidays, or catch up clinics
If you have had experience as an Ear Nurse that would of course be wonderful, but full training can be provided if required.
If this sounds like you please get in touch by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 021 113 7713
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - CPA FIRM - PERMANENT
Well-respected, fast-growing organisation.
Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
Local, dedicated, and close-knit client base
Our client has been in the market for just four years and in that time has experienced huge growth. With this growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant to join the team to manage a portfolio of clients to meet and exceed client expectations.
What’s in it for you:
- Autonomy and flexibility to balance your work life
- An agile organisation, continuously evolving and developing
- Vouchers, morning teas and events
- Encouragement of personal development
- Nationwide conferences from time to time
- Dedicated, local and national clients
- Modern offices on the sunny Kapiti Coast
About the role:
As the Senior Accountant your primary role is to assist the Director and team with accounting services and reviews for a range of clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project and account manage your own set of clients
- Advise, monitor and scope work and fees
- Review team member’s work
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Tax and compliance
- Prepare and present forecasts, budget analysis, profit improvement strategies etc.
To be successful:
Being a senior role there are some absolute requirements for this one:
- CA certification
- Minimum 3 years public practice experience
- An expert in Xero
- Previous experience in reviewing work
- The ability to prepare, analyse and present full financial statements
- Extensive client management and stakeholder engagement experience
These roles don’t come up often on the Kapiti Coast. If you would like to be part of a high performing, growing, technology driven organisation, within a team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals who are all about their clients, then call Christy Hutchinson on 022 037 2319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We're looking for an experienced Bar/Restaurant Manager for a busy local gastro-pub. Ideally you'll have a current Duty Manager Licence, or be willing to work towards obtaining one. 40 hrs p/week, rostered Tuesday-Sunday.
To register your interest please email your CV to email@example.com
SERVICE ENGINEER - PORIRUA
Our client is looking for a qualified Service Engineer to join their manufacturing team. The role is a combination of machining and assembling of precision industrial equipment in the factory, and includes servicing and installation of equipment on client’s premises.
You may have years of experience or have completed a minimum of 2 years from gaining your initial Trade qualification. The company is growing and has an ongoing export operation within a wide range of medium and heavy engineering industries. The Service Engineer role includes travel away from the base site in Porirua to other locations in NZ for 2 – 4 nights per week, with seasonal maintenance also required. A company vehicle will be provided.
To be successful in this role you will hold an Electrical or Mechanical trade qualification, recognised in Australia/NZ by the relevant authorities.
Experience you will have:
- Strong background in fitting, machining or maintenance diagnostics
- Competent on manual lathes, milling machines, etc
- Experience in fitting of bearings and other industrial rotating equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to interpret and work from drawings or sketches
You will also possess:
- An ability to listen and proactively meld into the team dynamics
- Accuracy, attention to detail and be meticulous with measurements
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English
- The ability to manage client relationships professionally
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in this sector
You will need to:
- Pass a pre-employment medical and drugs test
- Hold a current NZ class 1 drivers licence
- Have the right to work in NZ
In this role you will be working with a motivated team on a variety of projects, both at the factory and on client sites. Excellent working conditions are on offer, including medical insurance, ongoing training and an active social Club. Our client is keen to secure someone who is looking for a stable, long-term position that still provides challenge and opportunity to grow. For further information please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR GARDENING TEAM LEADER
We have an opportunity for someone with gardening/landscaping experience and leadership skills for a local full time role.
Ideally you will have a horticulture and/or landscaping qualification and excellent communication and people management skills.
For further details please email email@example.com
CAREGIVERS - WELLINGTON AND HUTT VALLEY
We're looking for caring, compassionate and reliable people for caregiving roles in the Wellington and Hutt Valley region. Duties could include housework/cleaning, hanging out washing, bed-making, meal preparation, personal care. The work could be part or full time depending on your availability. Experience in caregiving is preferred, although training can be provided.
Please register your interest by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR ADVISOR - BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FACILITATION
Join this key strategy and growth team on the beautiful Kāpiti Coast and make a positive difference in the community.
- Support economic growth outcomes to benefit the community
- Report to a dynamic, personable and impressive leader
- Use your extensive stakeholder engagement skills
- Permanent full-time position, flexible start/finish times.
About the Role:
The Strategy and Growth Team is responsible for identifying, delivering, and enabling opportunities that support the growth of a vibrant Kāpiti Coast economy and as the Senior Advisor you will have the opportunity to get involved with a range of exciting initiatives and projects from tourism through to housing matters.
The role involves:
- Supporting the implementation of the Kāpiti Economic Development Strategy
- Providing strategic advice for business and investment opportunities at a senior level
- Key account management and extensive stakeholder engagement, both internally and externally
- Information and financial management
- Project management
As a Senior Advisor with proven commercial, economic development and advisory ability you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience within a complex business environment with multiple stakeholder and customer expectations
- Effective writing skills including demonstrated experience drafting business cases
- The ability to identify opportunities and synergies and take them to market
- Excellent stakeholder engagement ability including influencing and negotiation
- Experience or an interest in supporting Māori business initiatives
- Highly effective project management skills and the ability to effectively prioritise work, while managing information from parallel workstreams and integrating these to form an overall view.
- Ability to think longterm and regionally when making decisions and recommendations.
- An evidence based approach, able to obtain, organise and analyse information to provide solutions which are creative and pragmatic.
You will also have an understanding of processes within local and central government, private sector, funders and potential partners for development opportunities and enjoy making connections happen with local, regional and national partners. You will work collaboratively to connect businesses to opportunities, sector specific knowledge, business support, and the wider business network to develop identified opportunities.
If this sounds like you, we would warmly invite you to apply for this role. There are also less senior roles available and we would invite anyone with experience in this sector to apply, as there are other opportunities available. - For a full job description and further information reach out to Christy, email@example.com
SENIOR ENTERPRISE NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER - HAWKE'S BAY
This full time (minimum 40 hours per week) permanent position is for a well-established IT company providing project and managed services from their Napier office.
This role provides strategic and technical expertise for systems design, architecture design and operational services, as well as sales and relationship management with clients.
As an Enterprise Network and Systems Engineer, you will provide operational support services for all clients, as well as supporting the delivery of these services by the rest of the team. This will require some travel in the Hawkes Bay area, and on occasion to Wellington to support contracted clients.
Some on call and rostered shifts may also be part of this role.
Key accountabilities for this role:
- Efficient management of Enterprise services, providing scalable solutions that are consistent and repeatable.
- Excellent communications, relationship management and new sales to existing customers.
- Supporting commercial management with accurate resource and cost estimates, and enthusiastically developing new customers.
- Assisting customers develop their IT strategy and how to achieve it, servicing existing customers IT requirements, and deliver projects to customer and partner satisfaction.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on customers systems (e.g., monitoring backups) and resolving any issues.
- Provide operational support including 24x7 on call, as required.
- Train and mentor staff and follow up completed jobs to ensure client satisfaction.
Skills you have:
- Excellent communication, account management and customer relationship skills
- Leadership in delivering high quality customer support and documentation Commercial awareness and ability to deliver within defined scope and manage variations
- Good understanding of change management processes Incident management and reporting
- Proven knowledge of MS Active Directory Group Policies Excellent communication skills including clear and effective written communication skills, proven ability to manage a team
- Proactive with ability to self-manage Strong interpersonal, organisational and administration skills
- Ability to identify, priority and manage tasks at outages and other potential stressful situations.
- Strong technical skills and experience with AWS and Azure Cloud infrastructure deployments and migrations
- Experience with managed wireless solutions: Ubiquity, Cambium, Ligo
- Ability to follow and apply excellent security practices
- Ability to effectively follow and document processes
- Experienced in developing IT strategy for a managed services environment
Technical skills you have – you will have a minimum of ten years’ experience in the following:
- AWS and Azure Cloud infrastructure deployments and migrations, GCP as and if required
- MCSE or equivalent level of certification with 10+ years’ experience working on Microsoft server environments (Active Directory, RDS farms and load balancers, DNS, DHCP, GPO, WSUS, PowerShell and NTFS permissions)
- Advanced Knowledge of virtualisation and management of VM’s in VMware (Hyper-V a plus), Proxmox and KVM
- Extensive practical experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, SD-WAN, SASE, SSE etc. a must
- Advanced Knowledge of network security and ﬁrewall security (Firewall policies, L2 and L3 configurations, IPSec tunnels, Cert based VPN's, High-Availability (HA) deployments)
- Experience administering and deploying Linux based services (DNS, SMTP, SYSLOG, DHCP, iSCSI targets and initiators, Nagios, LibreNMS, OpenVPN, cron schedules)
- Experience in Backup and Disaster planning, deployments and testing strategies. (VeeAM And VMware platforms)
Other “bonus” skills include:
- Backup and BCP best practices
- Scripting RAID configurations
- Endpoint Security Mobile device management
- Database maintenance (SQL, Pervasive, MySQL)
- Experience with Juniper firewall and switching hardware
- Experience migrating traditional MPLS networks to SD-WAN / SASE technology
The ability to learn and the right attitude are paramount. Training and mentoring will be provided to ensure that you are well supported and on a pathway to growing your own areas of expertise.
For further details please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Service Administrator to assist with administration and job bookings at a busy and well established company based in Stoke, Nelson.
- Previous background in service administration
- Experience with ordering stock/parts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with MSOffice and booking and ordering systems
- Previous experience with insurance claims processing a bonus
If you have a workshop and service oriented background and are looking for a role with the ability to choose your hours from 30 to 40 hours per week, we would love to hear from you. This role offers a stable work environment with a small friendly team of people who take great pride in their craftsmanship. Please email your cv email@example.com give Julia a call 027 595 0146 if you would like any further information.
TEMPS, MINUTE TAKERS & DICTA TYPISTS
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - email@example.com
Chefs, wait staff and bar staff - fulltime, part time and casual!
Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to email@example.com