From manufacturing to ICT, health to retail, NGO’s to local and central government we provide Stars for a wide range of industries in a wide variety of roles
For more information on current vacancies or joining our temp services team
Incoming job opportunities land here and on our Facebook page first. https://www.facebook.com/starpeople.nz/
Full time role in Otaki for a welder/fabricator Hydraulic technician.
You will be responsible for servicing and repair of hyrdraulic equipment as well as welding and steel fabrication in this local engineering business.
You will need the following experience:
- Full drivers licence - field servicing will be required
- Experience with repair of pumps/hydraulic hoses/ram valves and other hydraulic equipment
- Steel welding and fabrication
- Able to follow health and safety procedures
- Able to read and interpret diagrams
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
If you have had the above experience, and maybe want to work closer to home or get a change of scenery, call Julia 0275950146 or email a cv to email@example.com
Part time Office Admin Superstar
Part time administration role in Kapiti for 12 – 15 hours a week. Perfect for school hours! We are looking for an administrative superstar who is happy to learn new systems and turn their hand to different aspects of the business by providing personal administrative support along with processing of accounts and payroll. What we are looking for:
- Excellent level of IT literacy and experience with MSOffice
- Proven experience with Xero and MYOB accounts and Ace Payroll, and happy to learn new systems.
- Able to provide general administrative support to a small team
- Some HR or recruitment experience would also be preferable.
What you will be doing:
- Accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations
- Running payroll for a number of different entities weekly
- Financial reporting
- Assisting with reference checks and employment documentation
- Assisting with social media posts and update of website
- Data entry and database updates
- Reception, phones and general correspondence
Flexible workplace, lovely team, and we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Do you have experience in the cleaning industry? · Are you seeking consistent working hours? Days and Evenings available. Window washing, water blasting and carpet cleaning positions also available.
To apply for this role email email@example.com with your cv
Customer Service & Sales Support
Our client's business provides world-class interior finishes and was founded to create a designer-centric experience, raising the bar for choice with its range of fashion-forward, responsibly sourced wood and other interior finishes. Challenging the status quo, they offer designers and architects a fresh, unique and collaborative approach. They deliver unparalleled value and easy access to expert advice and products through their passionate team and world-class showrooms.
• Are you fabulous with customers and a whizz with administration?
• Are you currently in a customer service or sales support role and want a new challenge?
This customer service and aftersales care role is a full-time role, working Monday to Friday, and based in Levin.
You will be the primary person for all incoming customer enquiries, responsible for providing quotes, communicating lead times, checking stock and orders, managing the customer care team, taking full ownership of all incoming enquiries for product issues and care and maintenance enquiries, and assisting in resolution.
If you are meticulous with detail, organised and dedicated to providing world-class customer service and rapid response times then we are looking for you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Kapiti Coast based client is looking for both an Electrician and a third year apprentice to join their team. This company specialises in solar power system supply and installation as well as general residential and commercial electrical services. Electrical services for new builds, installation of heating and ventilation systems and EV chargers also form part of the business.
If interested please visit Seek here, or email your CV to email@example.com
This is your opportunity to bring your excellent hospitality experience to a boutique movie theatre in Levin.
It’s not your typical Hospo job because the hours are friendlier, the food is simple but tasty, the team are well trained and you will get awesome perks like discounts and free movies!
You must have your General Manager's Licence and a minimum of 3 years experience in hospitality management. You’ll get a guaranteed 40+ hours per week over day/night and weekend shifts. Anyone who loves history, movies or just good food will love working here.
Please send your cv to julia @ starpeople.nz or give her a call for more details. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Housewashing / Waterblasting Technician
We are looking for a fit, able person for House washing, waterblasting, gutter clearances, and roof treatments. The successful applicant will be working at heights - so you must be comfortable working up high.
Based in Waikanae, the team services Wellington to Palmerston North including the Hutt Valley.
Full training will be given. A full clean drivers licence is essential.
You need to be:
- Someone who is committed to safe work practices
- Enjoy working outdoors all year round
- Motivated and a self starter
- a practical person and a team player
- Able to do occasional weekend work
We would love to hear from you - please send your cv to julia@ starpeople.nz asap
Joiner/Cabinet Maker - Nelson based
Superb opportunity for a Joiner/Cabinet Maker to be part of a team whose mission is to transform their client’s RV dreams into reality.
Your role will involve designing, producing and installing joinery predominately for motorhomes
with an established company producing custom motorhomes and performing other vehicle fitouts (food trucks, caravans and coffee carts) in sunny Nelson. This is a full time permanent role, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
You will be responsible for
• Designing, producing and installing joinery to specifications
• Fitting out of motorhomes and other vehicles
Experience you have:
• Experience in joinery/cabinetry production and fit out using a variety of materials
• May have kitchen manufacturing experience
• May have boat building experience
This is a great opportunity for someone that can turn their hand to a number of tasks, enjoys variety and is adaptable, to join a small team who work well together. If this sounds like you please email a cv to email@example.com as soon as possible. You can view the role on Trade Me here.
Landscaper / Builder
Based in the Horowhenua but operating throughout the Greater Wellington Region, our client is looking for a qualified builder/ hard landscaper with experience to join their landscaping team in this thriving business. Work is carried out throughout the greater Wellington region, so you may live anywhere from the Manawatu through to Wellington.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience with landscaping, light building and construction landscaping tasks
- A current full drivers licence, and WTR and HT licence would also be highly desirable
- Working knowledge of common hand and power tools relative to landscape construction and maintenance
For further details please and to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time role 28 hours per week available in Waikanae!Part time role 28 hours per week available in Waikanae!
Part time Accounts Administratorrole - 28 Hours a week in Kapiti:
We are looking for an Accounts and office Administrator to work in a stimulating and varied role as a team member with a large company providing commercial and residential interior and exterior painting and decorating.
The role is varied and involves data entry into MYOB– accounts payable and receivable, assisting with payroll processing and typing of quotations. You will need to have experience in:
- MYOB Accountright
- Ace Payroll or similar payroll system
- A Good level of IT literacy and reasonable typing speed
- Previous office administration experience
If you are enthusiastic, capable of picking up new systems quickly and enjoy working in a small team then this could be the ideal role for you. The role is 4 days a week from 8:30 - 4:30. This role will go quickly, so please apply without delay by emailing your cv to email@example.com
Office Manager - Part-time
Great job with a lovely company looking for a PA/Office manager to work 11 - 3pm Monday to Friday.
You will need: - excellent level of IT literacy, with a sound knowledge of MSOffice particularly Word/Excel - good keyboard skills - knowledge of H&S - project administration experience In this role you will be: - dealing with enquiries and replying to correspondence - typing up quotes - scheduling site visits - responsible for overseeing H&S particularly documentation, safety equipment etc - responsible for recruitment processes - coordinating meetings and taking minutes. You will be responsible for the general administration and management of a well functioning office.
If you are interested, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Retail - Full-time - Raumati Village
Our client is looking for someone who loves fashion to operate sole charge in their retail shop within the Raumati Village.
You should ideally have:
• the ability to provide high-level style advice,
• good relationship-building and customer service skills,
• retail sales experience, and
• stock management experience.
You should be:
• a positive, energetic person who enjoys a challenge, and
• independent and able to use your initiative.
The hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 10 – 5pm.
The ability to do alterations would be useful.
To apply for this fantastic role with a living wage employer who offers their employees a 30% discount on their fabulous fashion please answer the questions and email your CV to email@example.com
Sole Charge Retail - Tawa - Part time
You will be solely responsible for this fabulous fashion pop up store based in Tawa, you should have retail experience and POS experience.
The hours are Friday/Saturday/Sunday 10am until 5pm.
Please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 if interested.
Temp - Full-time for 6 weeks - Accounts Receivable
Commencing 12 January 2022, Monday to Friday, 8am until 5pm. Administration and accounts receivable.
Please contact Julia on 027 595 0146 if interested.
Temps, Minute Takers & Dicta typists
We're always looking for good temps, minute takers and dicta typists with speeds over 70wpm - if you're interested in temping give us a call 04 293 4833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time position with Kapiti-based building company who are into residential property maintenance, home renovations, landscaping, extentions, decks, pergolas...
If you're a qualified carpenter (LBP would be useful) with a great work ethic who likes solving problems and getting out-and-about this could be your next move. Hourly rate, plus car & fuel, plus phone.
For more information send your cv to email@example.com
We have ongoing requirements for staff with general office administration and accounts skills in the following software -
Roles vary and include temporary, part time and full time positions. Please email us your cv if you're interested in looking at any accounts roles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chefs, wait staff and bar staff - fulltime, part time and casual!
Email your cv to email@example.com
Jeepers! Where have all our tradies gone! We are looking for:
- Full time Plumber/Gasfitter - excellent company and remuneration
- Qualified Builder - $30 - $36 per hour
- Registered Electrician salary bracket $60k - 80k - great for someone who's sick of house calls!
- Plasterer $25 - 28 per hour
- Landscape builders - senior and junior landscaping positions available locally
- Steel Fixers
- Civil construction people - excavators, concrete placers, truck drivers
Who do you know that wants a change in scene and a payrise - call Julia 04 293 4833 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org